cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Job Board

Highlighted
Janine F Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
1 of 3

I have received a message (see below) from a client after submitting a proposal today and the message states I was recommended by the Job Board for the position. Is there such a thing and can we see a rating on this board, or the process of getting chosen? I am new here and havn't come across any information on this,  but I have read a lot of information in the past week and may have missed it.

Also, can anyone please clarify, I believe I read there is no fee charged for direct deposit of payments. Is this accurate?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Janine Fuller

Congratulation upwork Job Boards has suggested you for the position of

Highlighted
Janine F Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
2 of 3

I believe I have already received an answer to this question. There is no recommendation job board where Upwork forwards your profile for consideration. The following message was delivered.

**edited for Community Guidelines** does not currently have access to Upwork and will not receive messages until access is restored

This is obviously a scam. My proposal has disappeared. How did the company post a job? I had researched the website and their company is legit. Do scammers pick random companies when attempting to swindle?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Janine, 

This is one scam used by some client on the platform. Sometimes they use company names to seem legit only to scam unsuspecting freelancers. 

It looks like the client was still able to send out invites to freelancers, but was caught just in time. That is why you saw the notification on your chat window with this client. 

I would like to share here the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS