cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork Portfolio-Linking to Other Peoples' Site to Give Credit

Joshua E Member Since: Nov 26, 2016
1 of 5

Currently, I am trying to optimize my profile to be on the fast track to getting a "Rising Talent" badge.

I have learned of the rule condemning linking to external sites that grant alternative non-Upwork contact methods and I have since removed said links.

However, for one of my portfolio pieces ("Mobile App-Life Choices") I credited someone I worked on it with by linking to their Linkedin profile, but not my own.

Would this be in violation of Upworks Terms of Service that would then prevent me from getting the "Rising Talent" badge?

I have already found and read this resource:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent

Also, if it isn't too much trouble, could I please receive some feedback on my profile of anything that may be preventing me from getting the "Rising Talent" badge? Thank you.

"Work smarter, not harder" by using keyboard shortcuts.
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

Your profile looks good.  I think you need to have a certain number of completed job - 3? - to obtain Rising Talent status.

3 of 5

From what I read, there seems to be quite a bit of confusion concerning when someone receives the email for the Rising Talent badge.

Supposedly, there are some who have 5 or more jobs but never get the badge and there are those who have one or no jobs who do get it. It seems to me it's actually granted by a person instead of it being a entirely automatic process. So perhaps once certain things are accomplished like having a 100% complete profile, the profile may get automatically added to a list to await assessment from a person. Probably both as a way to prevent exploitation of an entirely automatic process and to determine things a computer can't like if external links provide means of non-Upwork correspondence.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Joshua,

Please, don't add links to sites like LinkedIn as they contain contact information and forms. It doesn't matter that the contact information isn't yours.

There is no required number of contracts that needs to be completed in order to receive Rising Talent badge. You are probably referring to the Job Success score that requires at least 4 contracts with feedback from 3 different clients.

~ Valeria
Untitled
5 of 5

Ah, thank you for the information.

I've deleted the Linkedin link.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS