cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your profile is under review

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
41 of 83

Hi Umair,

Please, update your profile overview clearly describing your skills and experience. Make sure it is well-written, does not have spelling or grammatical errors and the words are capitalized where appropriate. Once you have updated your profile, please respond to the email notification so the oDesk Team can review it and assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nonso E Member Since: Mar 5, 2018
42 of 83
Hello Valeria,

I created my profile and have been waiting for review for over the stipulated time.

Please help.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
43 of 83

@Nonso E wrote:

I created my profile and have been waiting for review for over the stipulated time.

Nonso, certain aspects of your profile appear to be somewhat inaccurate...

Revathy R Member Since: May 2, 2015
44 of 83

I created an account 1 month before. But still showing in my account Your profile is under review You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to apply to jobs once your profile is approved. I completed all test task and result pass, my profile also completed 100%. Kindly do some favour. 

Thanks

Revathy

Community Guru
Sandra T Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
45 of 83

Hello Ravathy,

I just looked at your profile and it "only" lists your experiences. Could you maybe expand a bit on specifics, projects you worked on (e.g. data entry for real estate agent, collecting contact information for furniture business - I am making these up as examples!). Some sort of employment history could help (even if you were freelancing for companies, anything you worked on for a longer period). Portfolio items also always help too, maybe an example file or screenshots of previous work, etc.

Many people "claim" to have experience in this in that. If you talk about the specifics a bit in your profile, potential clients will get a better sense that you actually know what you are writing about.

Right now your profile looks like you didn't spend much time on it, just list some skills, and be done. That doesn't necessarily leave a good impression for potential clients.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
46 of 83

If a new freelancer comes here and does not take the time to read how to create a good profile and then do so, then they don't deserve to work here. If I was a profile approver I'd simply toss your profile to the side and wait for you to do things properly. If you can't do that, then don't come here an whine that it's taking a long time.

Do it right the first time and you'll get approved. If you can't do it right, go somewhere else. This site is full of information on how to do your profile. Start reading and learning.

Atif A Member Since: Aug 21, 2015
47 of 83

Hey guys, I'm new to the freelancing side of oDesk. I created an account (around 15 days).

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to apply to jobs once your profile is approved.

I have this message on my profile. Is this standard procedure or has my face come up on the 'wanted' list and they're handing me over to the cops?!

All jokes aside, what should I do if it's been over 24 hours and I've heard nothing?

Thanks,
Mohib
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
48 of 83

Hi Atif,

I have checked and it looks like you profile still hasn't been approved. The main problem is that your profile title doesn't describe you as a professional and the type of work you do. Additionally, there are a few errors in your profile overview that need to be fixed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
49 of 83

Atif, YES, this is standard procedure.

The better your profile is, the less time it will take to be approved.

Ignore the twelve hour time estimate. The actual time could be anywhere from one hour to a week or more.

Alexander A Member Since: Nov 9, 2015
50 of 83

Hi. More of 24 hours ago i registred my profile.

I completed my profile on the 100%.

On this time my profile is under review.

Why my profile is not confirm yet?

Thanks,
Alexander

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS