cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cancellation of name change request

Bisma k Member Since: Jan 1, 2017
1 of 8

hi. i sent an name changing request by mistake. how do i cancle it??

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Bisma,

Our team will follow up with you and assist you with your request directly.

3 of 8

thankyou for replying . but it is still not cancled nor did i had been contacted by anyone yet

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 8

It, probably, has to do with the holidays, Bisma.

Highlighted
5 of 8

Hi Bisma,

Please check the email notification our team sent, follow the outlined instructions and used the direct link to verify your identity.

6 of 8

i recieved an email saying in order to change name i hv to go through varification. but i dont want to change the name the request was sent by error..i simply want to keep the name i have now.. what should i do ? shall i igrnore it the varification email?

7 of 8

Hi Bismna,

You'll need to verify your identity before being able to proceed further with using your account. You can keep using the same name but will also need to complete the verification process as well.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

re: "i recieved an email saying in order to change name i hv to go through varification. but i dont want to change the name the request was sent by error..i simply want to keep the name i have now.. what should i do ? shall i igrnore it the varification email?"

You'll need to go through verification because you are one person, but you have provided multiple names to Upwork. And now Upwork doesn't know who on Earth you are.

Under normal circumstances, providing your name is not the same as ordering a sandwich. People don't just change their names back and forth as they look at a menu and think about what they feel like being called today.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS