cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freelancer and agency

Rob C Member Since: May 26, 2017
1 of 10

Hi,

I have an agency upwork account and a Freelancer upwork account too.

Can i hire (as an agency) my own Freelancer (atatched to this same company)? Is it something that I can do or not?

Thank you.

2 of 10

So no answer???

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 10
Hi Rob,
I don't quite understand your question. You are already a member of an agency and you want to hire your freelancer account on a contract? For what purpose?
Untitled
ERIC C Member Since: Jun 6, 2017
4 of 10

Hi,

My question is: as a Freelancer can I apply for my agency project too? to help me (as a freelance) to get my first project? or we can't do that?

Please advise.

Thank you

5 of 10

Hello, any answer please?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 10

No, you must not hire yourself, as that is considered feedback fraud. Having two or more accounts, which you also seem to have, is also not allowed.

Furthermore: agencies do not hire freelancers.

7 of 10

What do you mean 2 accounts? I have a freelancer and an agency account. I am not allowed to have that?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Rob,

You can create an agency using your current freelancer account. There is an option under your Settings. You as a freelancer will then be the owner of the agency and can work with the team of other freelancers. Agencies on Upwork work on contracts but don't hire for contracts.

What I believe you are referring to is a client account. You can use Upwork as a client to hire other freelancers and agencies to complete your projects but you can't hire yourself. That would be a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 10

@Rob C wrote:

What do you mean 2 accounts? 

You posted as Rob and as ERIC....

10 of 10

Eric C was my old account profile and I chnaged to Rob C, that's wierd I don't have access to Eric C anymore as I changed my profile name!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS