cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undo refund

Lusine S Member Since: May 3, 2017
1 of 5

I accidentally pressed refund and sent money back to the employer. Any way, to undo this and get the money back?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@Lusine S wrote:

I accidentally pressed refund and sent money back to the employer. Any way, to undo this and get the money back?

Unfortunately not. You will have to communicate with the client and ask them to pay you again once the refunded money reaches their account.

Out of interest, how do you accidentally hit Refund and then accidentally confirm all the refund details and then that you really want to send the money back?

I wonder what might happen

Lusine S Member Since: May 3, 2017
3 of 5

it was not a lot of details and I was on the phone, so just by default clicked two buttons 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Lusine, 

Please ask your client to issue a bonus payment for the amount you refunded on your contract.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Lusine:

Do not take this personally. Other curious freelancers with minimal interest in money have made the same mistake.

You may politely and briefly explain your mistake to the client. Then it is up to the client to decide whether or not to use the Pay Bonus tool to pay the money to you again.

I think most clients are understanding and fair-minded and willing to send the refunded money back to the freelancer.

If the client doesn't send the money back to you, that's okay too! There is no dishonor in that, and it wasn't every much money any way.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS