🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile won't accept picture of me - but will...
Page options
24a91445
Community Member

Profile won't accept picture of me - but will accept picture of my cat.

Hi - I'm new to Upwork.

As the title says.  Everytime I try to upload any picture of myself for my profile I get an error message.

In desperation, I tried a picture of my cat to see if it would take it.  It did.  Upwork was perfectly happy with the picture of my cat, but will not take any picture of me as an upload to my profile.

Now my cat is my profile picture.  Granted, between my cat and I, she is the better looking of the two.  However, Upwork and potential employeers may want my picture.

Is there some trick to getting upwork to accept a profile picture of me?  For what it is worth I just downloaded pictures of myself and my cat from google photos.  Upwork will not accept pcitures of me, but will accept picture of my cat.   

Attached below is the profile pic I was trying to upload.   See, I told you the cat that is my current profile picture is better looking, but I do not understand why it will not accpet a picture of me as a profile pic.

IMG_20161027_193811584.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was not the flat background.  

I did find a photo of myself with a flat background.  It was actaully smaller than the photo of my cat.  Upwork uploaded and saved it.  But my profile photo still would not change.

I cropped the photo of myself even smaller.  Uploaded it again.  It saved and this time my profile picture actually changed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ArjayM

Hi Joe,

Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists. Note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent profile photo.

~ Arjay
Upwork
24a91445
Community Member

Hi Arjay M.. please understand that I am indeed trying to get my profile so that it is... "your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable."    If I were not trying to do that I would not be posting here looking for a solution.

I have picked another profile picture.  This one will upload.  It will save.   I have cleared the cache and uploaded the new photo in 3 different browsers, (Chrome, Firefox and Safari).  It seems to save successfully.   But, my profile picture is still stuck as the picture of my cat.

I guess I will try opening a support ticket.

Well - so much for a support ticket.  The chatbot never gives me the option to open one.  It just keeps referencing me back to the same support articles even though the solutions they offer are not working.   

spectralua
Community Member

Try to use photo with flat background. Your cat has the advantage of being clearly defined. 😸

It was not the flat background.  

I did find a photo of myself with a flat background.  It was actaully smaller than the photo of my cat.  Upwork uploaded and saved it.  But my profile photo still would not change.

I cropped the photo of myself even smaller.  Uploaded it again.  It saved and this time my profile picture actually changed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members