🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: unable to verify the tax ID number?
Page options
Pavlo P Community Member

unable to verify the tax ID number?

Received email, which says "We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. "
But Tax number is correct. What do I do? I'm in Canada

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bojan S Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pavlo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your tax ID number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Michelle W Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem. I live in Canada and keep getting a message that: We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. It is 100% correct but still getting the error message. Please help 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Qiong,

I've converted this post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties getting your TIN verified. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance in resolving that.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Michelle W Community Member

Hi  Arjay, this issue has been resolved in a separate ticket. Thank you for help

Pavlo P Community Member

Still an ongoing problem. Today received email:

We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. Please double-check your tax ID number(s), and then re-submit by clicking here.

Common reasons for a declined tax ID number(s) include:
• Country mismatch
• Name mismatch
• Expired tax ID number(s)
Until your tax ID number(s) is verified, we will collect taxes on applicable fees. For more details, please see our FAQs.
Regards,
The Upwork Team

When I'm clicking on the link, it shows everything in green and says "Completed" and "Successfully Verified"

Why this is still an issue and what must be done to resolve it?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Pavlo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola