🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name mismatch in Paypal account.
Page options
yafgcrich
Community Member

Name mismatch in Paypal account.

My Paypal account is attached to my wife's email account so it's got a name mismatch. Can this be accepted or do I have to make myself a whole new Paypal account? 

-Rich Morris

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Richard M wrote:

My Paypal account is attached to my wife's email account so it's got a name mismatch. Can this be accepted or do I have to make myself a whole new Paypal account? 

You have to make a new one. You can only withdraw to a PayPal account in your own name.

Hello,

I have the same "Name mismatch in Paypal account"  issue and my name has been added with my father's first name in the paypal account name. It is due to my TAX id have the same name(My name and my father's first name) in Government identity (PAN). Can you solve this issue for me.

Thanks,

Bala

Hi Bala,

I can see that you have already created a ticket and our team will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Richard:
Multiple users CAN share a PayPal business account, each with their own user names and email address.

If you want to share a PayPal account with your wife, and withdraw Upwork funds to that shared account, then that is possible. But you would not be able to do so with your wife's current PayPal account, which is a regular personal PayPal account.

avirockx007
Community Member

No, Richard, that is not possible you have to make a new account to withdraw money from or whatever is the use of it. A name conflict is not acceptable here on Upwork. 🙂

Awais N wrote:

A name conflict is not acceptable here on Upwork. 🙂

Why are you randomly responding to ancient, long resolved threads?

Why are you so much curious to reply me on my replies/posts?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members