🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Becoming an agency owner
Page options
psedrak
Community Member

Becoming an agency owner

Hey! Hope everyone's staying safe.

I've been a freelancer for a few years now and I just started an agency in the field of digital media production a few months ago with another freelancer.

I'm planning to hire people for different roles in the agency after I have complete understand of the whole concept but I have a few questions about hiring non-exlusive freelancers in specific.

What would make a freelancer want to join an agency?

When that freelancer works on an agency project will they get a feedback on their freelancer profile as well? And do they have to be the one to apply or can I (as a business manager) assign them this project while applying?

What is a recommended agreement method to pay the people working in the agency ie. per hour or percentage of the project fees...etc?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Paul,

As an agency owner, you invite freelancers to join your agency. Your relationship with them is managed privately outside of Upwork. Regarding your concern with the feedback, the feedback for the agency contract will also be showing on the freelancer's profile. All agency contracts are paid to the agency's account. How much the agency members are to be paid is determined by the agency and the agency members. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths