🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Beneficiary name in the payment method - Pers...
Page options
marijalukic_arch
Community Member

Beneficiary name in the payment method - Personal vs. Company name missmatch

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

I am a local company owner and have just changed the beneficiary name displayed in Upwork agency payment method from my personal name to company name. The reason I had to do this is that withdrawing funds to the local company bank account without the name of the company stated in the data Upwork sends to local bank during the transaction, caused issues with local bank with the first withdrawal I made. Therefore the beneficiary name needs to be the company name, rather than my personal name. 

Will this name missmatch be accepted by Upwork and how long will the review process take?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Marija,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5bf54aba
Community Member

Hi, I'm having an issue with my payment. It always says "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Is there someone that can help me with this right now? Thank you!

Hi Jonathan,

Please allow 48 hours for our team to review your name mismatch. They'll reach out to you directly if they need any additional information from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths