🐈
» Forums » Agencies » New Type of Scam via Direct Offers
Page options
simonl0909
Community Member

New Type of Scam via Direct Offers

I was not going to post a new topic, but I checked the scam posts and found that this one is a little different. We got a direct offer of an hourly contract, but then he uses the mechanism to send us a direct message telling us to accept the offer at $2k USD total, but we have to send $1,850 out to another "developer" who they actually hire using some other means, so we can "earn" $150 immediately. My teammate didn't know what to do but luckily he didn't accept. As business manager of our agency I immediately declined but couldn't find a report button anywhere to flag this user. I will expose the name of this user if the community mods let me. Sending a screenshot of the conversation.

Just a reminder not to be desparate and do this kind of transactions for anyone you don't know.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I can't believe how lazy these scammers are getting. Not even working the mark for a respectable amount of time to reveal the scam. No, in the first sentence. Ridiculous. 

NikolaS

Hi Haoran,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Feel free to check this page to find more information on how you can report suspicious user activity.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths