🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Not able to create a New Freelancer Agency Ac...
Page options
zacatbeckhorn
Community Member

Not able to create a New Freelancer Agency Account

Hello,

I just created a Freelancer account for myself and would now like to set up a (separate) Freelancer Agency account for my business. I followed the recommendations of this Upwork article, however, when I click the "Create New Account" button, I only see a "New Client Account" option, not a "New Freelancer Agency Account" as the article suggests I should see.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

Best,

Zac

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zac, 

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. If you want to sell your services as a company, please complete your freelancer account first and get it approved, and then create your agency account. 

To create an agency account on existing freelancer account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

An agency is a business that sells the services of multiple freelancers on Upwork. We've created a guide to agencies to help you decide if an agency is right for you. You can also check out this help article to learn more about agencies. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

48 REPLIES 48
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zac, 

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. If you want to sell your services as a company, please complete your freelancer account first and get it approved, and then create your agency account. 

To create an agency account on existing freelancer account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

An agency is a business that sells the services of multiple freelancers on Upwork. We've created a guide to agencies to help you decide if an agency is right for you. You can also check out this help article to learn more about agencies. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
jmath925
Community Member

I am having this same issue and there is no button to create an agency account, just one to create a client account.

Hi Jonathan,

I would like to confirm that this is by design since you already have one active agency profile. To edit your agency profile you will need to switch to the agency first. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I was planning to create an agency account but I can't see any options on my account. I hope you can help. Thank you

Hi Amores,

At the moment, a user may open and own one agency which is why you can't open another. If you wish to reopen your old agency, let us know.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi

i am unable to create an agency account. i think i had created an agency account before and some what it is deleted. can you restore it back?

Hi Nawaz,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e86f14e9
Community Member

i am having the same problem.

i am unable to create an agency account. i think i had created an agency account before and some what it is deleted. can you restore it back?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danish, 

It looks like you did have an old agency account which is now closed. I have asked a member of the Customer Support Team to assist you with reinstating the agency account. You should receive an email soon.

~ Avery
Upwork
f8cf3b28
Community Member

I have the same issue i was trying to create a new agency while deleting the existing one, but it does not show the option to create agency anymore.

Hi Akhtar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3df5527d
Community Member

Hi i also have the same issue i accidentally deleted my agency and will like to restore it. Can you help me restore? thanks in advance!

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I attempted to create an agency today and even received a confirmation email, but every time I open the links, it says "You must have an agency context to access this page."

Thanks!

Hi Megan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

That would be great! I hope you can help me reopen my agency. Please tell me what to do. Thank you

Hi Amores,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Can you help me? I am having same problem. Can't see the button to create a new agency profile.

Hi Nirav,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I am also having this problem. I do not see the option of creating an agency account. The only option I see is to creat a client account.

Regards,

Muzaffer

Hi Muzaffer,

I would be happy to help. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I had an agency account but I requested to close it and it was closed. I want to re-open it or create a new agency now and I can't seem to find an option for this. Please help!

Hi Sathya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I made an agency account but later on I wanted to change the name which led to different teams and financial accounts in some settings. For brevity, I wanted to have one team and financial account so I requested to close it and it was closed. I want to create a new agency now. But there is no option for that now. I have tried to open ticket through "Support" but haven't been successful. Please assist!

Best,

Asad

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asad, 

It looks like you were able to file support tickets for the same concern. I'll ask the Customer Support Team to check your tickets so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey man, I am facing the same problem, I cant see it also on my freelancer account. what should I do to create an agency account? will you please help me out?? 

Hi Ashraf,

A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5e82f451
Community Member

Hi, 
I have also just joined Upwork and have completed my Freelancer account first but I am also having a same issue. 
I wanted to create an agency but it is not showing any option nor I can do anything. It only shows in My Teams the Company name and owner but I am not able to find my agency nor having any way to get it setup. 
I have been looking for this issue for the past 3 days. 
Looking forward to your response. 

Hi Turab,

I can see that you have already reached out to our team regarding your agency. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c2252f2c
Community Member

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. I already have a freelance account and to the best of my knowledge I've not created any agency account previously. Would really appreciate you guidance.

Good day!

I don't have ability to create "New Freelancer Agency Account", only client account.

Waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Teimuraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created one agency account that is now closed. Please know that a person can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one.

However, we can assist you with restoring your closed agency account. Could you please confirm if you want us to restore your agency account? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
3c88736c
Community Member

Thank you Nikola

Yes I want to restore the agency. Please assist me with this. 

Hi Teimuraz,

We truly appreciate your response. I have restored your agency account. Additionally, please check this help article on how to best manage your agency account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b_klare
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I cannot create an Agency from my Freelancer profile. When I go to Contact Info the button says Create a New Client Account.

Hi Barbara,

I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I am having the same problem. I cannot create an Agency from my Freelancer profile me too. When I go to Contact Info the button says Create a New Client Account. Please help me urgently. Thanks.

Hi Emirhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you already created one agency account that is now closed. 

Please know that a person can only “own” one agency on Upwork. You won’t be able to make another one.

However, we can assist you with restoring your closed agency account. Could you please confirm if you want us to restore your agency account? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

yes i mean exactly that. I approve the reopening of my agency account that I closed. But I want to change the name. is it possible?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths