🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Offline Company
Page options
gritsak-pavel
Community Member

Offline Company

I have a team and would like to create an offline company on Upwork, and here is a question: how can I do it in a better way, and is it possible on Upwork?

I'll create an agency where'll be only one member (I as a representative of the company). Here is a scheme: I'll be finding a jobs/clients via the agency - give the work to my team - after the work is completed, send it to the client. As I know when you start work via an agency, you should add an executor to the chat with the client but for that, you need to register your team on Upwork. Should I register the team on Upwork (but it is not will be an offline company anymore)? or can I do it alone as a representative of the company?

Can you advise, please? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Pavlo,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your questions. Generally, each agency member has their own Upwork account and is added to the agency team. That way agency owner or business manager can search for jobs, submit proposals on behalf of other agency members and participate in communication about the contract.

Additionally, subcontracting is allowed on Upwork but only on Fixed-Price contracts and as long as it's not prohibited by the client. Subcontracting on Hourly contracts isn't allowed as only the person hired on that Hourly contract can track and bill hours they worked. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Pavlo,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your questions. Generally, each agency member has their own Upwork account and is added to the agency team. That way agency owner or business manager can search for jobs, submit proposals on behalf of other agency members and participate in communication about the contract.

Additionally, subcontracting is allowed on Upwork but only on Fixed-Price contracts and as long as it's not prohibited by the client. Subcontracting on Hourly contracts isn't allowed as only the person hired on that Hourly contract can track and bill hours they worked. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the response! One more question about subcontracting. Is this only allowed for agencies or can I do it using my main profile as well?

Pavlo, subcontracting on Fixed-Price contracts is allowed for agencies and independent freelancers, provided the client isn't against it. You can check out Optional Service Contract Terms for more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths