Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment On Upgrading To Agency

johnylim
Man Choy L Member Since: Jul 10, 2019
1 of 5

Hi! 

Love to work with Upwork and find it's a great platform to be!  

I'm having an individual freelancer account at the moment and have plan to upgrade to agency account but I have this question below. 

In term of payment, it takes about 12 days waiting period after the billing cycle ends for a freelancer account. I remember I read some where else (sorry, can't show you the link), it taks about 20 days waiting period after billing cycle ends. My question whether will I be treated the same if I upgrade it to agancy account ? 

Look forward to receiving your reply soon.

Your sincerely,
Johny L.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Man,

1. If you're part of your agency as a non exclusive member, your freelancer status will not be changed. If you join your agency as an exclusive member, once your agency is a Rising Talent/Top Rated, then the badges will be awarded on your profile as well. 

2. Are you referring to the period when the funds will become available on your freelancer and agency profiles? If yes, I would like to confirm that the period is the same on both profiles. Thank you.

Untitled
johnylim
3 of 5

Thanks Goran for your prompt reply. 

I don't quite get you on your reply 1. I'm a top rated now and have plan to upgrade to agency, so I will be the agency owner and I have to be the exclusive member.  

Based on your reply, I will lose my top rated status if I upgrade it to agency. 

Hope more clarification from you, thanks.   

Your sincerely,
Johny L.
johnylim
4 of 5

Goran, 

Let me rephrase my question. Can I be an agency owner and non-exclusive member at the same time ?  

Your sincerely,
Johny L.
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

Hi Man,

Yes you can be a non-exclusive member of your agency and keep your Top Rated badge on your freelancer profile. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS