🐈
» Forums » Agencies » Upwork Agencies: what is the point
Page options
28180fad
Community Member

Upwork Agencies: what is the point

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make an agency account and invite another person to be on a team with me. However, without plus it's not possible. I'm wondering what exactly the point of agencies are (the basic version) and what you can use it for? since it doesn't seem to do much unless you pay for it. Are there other options for working with people? 

1 REPLY 1
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Upwork agencies are a way for multiple freelancers to collaborate and work together under a single umbrella. By creating an agency, you can showcase your team's skills and experience, and take on larger or more complex projects that may require multiple freelancers with different expertise. Agencies can also provide a more professional appearance to potential clients, as they give the impression of a larger and more established organization.

The basic version of an agency allows you to create a team and invite other freelancers to work with you on projects. However, the plus version provides additional features such as team management tools, the ability to set agency-specific rates, and more advanced reporting and analytics.

If you are not interested in paying for the plus version, there are other options for working with people on Upwork. For example, you can create a collaboration agreement with another freelancer to work on a specific project together. You can also create a joint proposal with another freelancer, where you both bid on the same project and split the work and payment if you win the contract.

Overall, the decision to create an agency or work with others on Upwork depends on your specific goals and needs. If you have a team of freelancers you work with regularly, or you want to showcase your collaborative abilities to potential clients, creating an agency may be a good option. Otherwise, working with other freelancers on a project-by-project basis may be more suitable for your needs.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths