cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I send a direct contract to someone who already has an Upwork account?

webwebby
Waseem Q Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
251 of 359

I've lots of links within my niche and many clients come to me with their requirements. We're usually sitting far so mostly communication happens through WhatsApp, Skype etc.

I'm planning to use the Direct Contract feature. However, what about communication? Do I need to bound them to keep communication on UW? Or I still can use WhatsApp, Skype?

Secondly, can I get reviews on Direct Contracts to show on my UW profile?

In other words, UW will be a way to transfer funds, get reviews etc.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
252 of 359

Hi Waseem,

When working on Direct Contracts you can continue to communicate with your clients as usual. On the other hand, since your client and you will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
62cf0957
Suhaibe S Member Since: Oct 21, 2020
253 of 359

My client has been unable to make payment through a direct contract for the past few days.

Now I have 2 questions.

Previously it was said that the client won't be needing to pay any fee while making payments. But today, the payment page showed, that client needs to pay a fee of 3%. 
Are there any changes in policy that I am not aware of?

And secondly, he is unable to make payment. It says "Upwork is unable to continue the contract process".

Can I know why? 

PS: I have attached screenshots.

Any help is appreciated.

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
254 of 359

Hi Suhaibe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A team member will reach out to your client directly to assist them further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
emanuel_froes
Emanuel M Member Since: Feb 3, 2021
255 of 359
Hallo! I bring a new vlient to Upwork. We had job outside but we want to use Upwork. Can i, as a freelancer,  get please a reduction of fee as it were DIRECT contract?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
256 of 359

Hi Emanuel,

Freelancers are charged a 3.4% payment processing fee for Direct Contracts. You are not charged a freelancer service fee, only 3.4%.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
justin-hammond
Justin H Member Since: Apr 16, 2021
257 of 359

I want to use Direct Contracts with a friend to manage work between us, but he already has an Upwork account from before. Direct Contracts says that you can only invite "non Upwork" clients, which I assume means someone who's email isn't registered with Upwork - but since I still brought in this client myself we'd still like to do the project at the lower 3.4% fee. Is the only way they can accept the Direct Contract invite would be to accept it with an email that's not already registered with Upwork?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
258 of 359

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the message. Please note that Direct Contracts can only be used with clients who do not have an Upwork account. I moved your post to the main thread discussing Direct Contracts feature. You can find more information about Direct Contracts in this Help article.

Can you please confirm if the client recently created their account and whether you used our “Bring Your Own Client” option to invite them to join Upwork?

Untitled
e9d979a9
Muhammad Usman I Member Since: Oct 27, 2020
259 of 359

Hey Upwork Community members,

I want to get the payment from my direct client. He is also from my city. I didn't trust on him so that's why I asked him to pay through the upwork direct contract. He agreed but when he tried to put the payment in the escrow he faces some issues. I have attached the screenshot please have a look. He facing the technical issues during adding the payment method. Please respond me ASAP!

Thanks

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
260 of 359

Hi Muhammad, 

I'm sorry for the delay. I can't seem to identify the contract you are referring to. Do you have more information you can share so that our team can investigate it further?

Please disregard my message earlier. We were able to locate the contract you are referring to, and the Customer Support Team will reach out to your client directly to assist them with their billing method concern.

Let us know if our team can assist you further with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS