Did you mean: 

Faster payouts for hourly contracts

Highlighted
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
691 of 700

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Phyllis,

If there are any issues with charging the client's billing method on time or the client disputes your hours, your payment will be delayed. Unfortunately, we won't be able to share more information about the client's account, however, you will receive a notification if there are further issues with the contract.

Thank you!

Perhaps my earlier reply wasn't clear. I'm asking a question: Does the fact the funds remain in Pending mean that there is a problem with the client's payment or that the hours are being disputed, even though I have not received any notification? In either one of those instances, I'm inclined to touch base with the client. But if there is some other possible explanation, then I don't want to initiate a potentially uncomfortable and/or confusing conversation with the client. 

Would appreciate a clear response from a Moderator, thanks!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
692 of 700

Hi Phyllis,

I was just about to reply to you here and saw your PM. I'll respond to you directly via PM. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Jackie Lou C Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
693 of 700

Hi Valeria! I have the same exact problem as Phyllis. It shows under my transactions but its due is set back to the usual next Wednesday (Jul 8). Is there an explanation if it's an issue on the client's end or just an error of some kind since there are no notifications if it was disputed or the client's payment method is on hold? 

The work week was from Jun 22-28 and under faster payouts, it would have been available today (Friday, Jul 3) but it was not. Although, for the past few weeks, I was able to get the payment just fine for that contract every Friday. Another contract payment went through today just fine but not that one.

Thanks for any info. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
694 of 700

Hi Jackie Lou,

We won't be able to share the details as we can't discuss other users' financial accounts or issues. In general, in order for an hourly payment to be released on Friday to a Top Rated freelancer, the payment has to be successful and not disputed on the client's side by the time we need to process it for Faster Payouts. If there are any issues at that point, it can't be released early. You will receive a notification if there are further issues with the contract.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Melissa F Member Since: Oct 31, 2018
695 of 700

Thank you! This has helped me out so much.

I hope you will also make fixed price contract payments available sooner. Because, well, that would help out even more! Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Abhishek Arvind D Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
696 of 700

Thanks, Upwork for the great incitive.

Highlighted
Irena T Member Since: Jan 19, 2017
697 of 700

Hello!

Since last Friday 07.03 i had received Faster Payouts, but this Friday 07.10 did not get, I am asking is this option not available anymore or so?

Thank You Irena Trajkoska

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
698 of 700

Hi Irena,

Faster payments feature is still available and is being applied to qualifying payments as before. I do see the payment you're referring to. Please note that if there are any issues with charging the client's billing method on time or the client disputes your hours, your payment will be delayed. Unfortunately, we won't be able to share more information about the client's account, however, you will receive a notification if there are further issues with the contract.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ken J Member Since: Nov 29, 2014
699 of 700

I received an email to get paid early but the numbers don't match. I think it was for a previous week I had already collected? Any way to verify?

Ken

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
700 of 700

Hi Ken,

This type of email is sent for the previous week's payments once cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC from the In Review tab. We email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn. You can check this notification by clicking on the bell icon. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS