cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job size will now be factored into your JSS

Highlighted
Yasir K Member Since: Dec 20, 2016
11 of 876
WEll, do Agree with you. There should be some mechanisms that can help freelancers in a better way. 
Highlighted
Sekhar M Member Since: Jan 1, 2020
12 of 876

this step will certainly reduce low bid freelancers and boost upwork's profit. But what about those clients who will die but not close the contract and leave feedback even if they are happy with the work. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
13 of 876

apart from dying or not, they are happy with you, keep adding milestones but no feedback in large amount of time. But, in fact, long -term relationships helps, although there is no feedback. Which counts is that it has been earnings in this job (meaning that the client was happy enough to release a payment).

Highlighted
OLIVIER R Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
14 of 876

They make few millions of $ each month with that...Even if the job offer have unverified paiement , no hire or ask for free test ... Fake jobs is a really good business for Upwork with a lot of connect buy and spend for nothing... 

Highlighted
NAND KISHORE P Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
15 of 876

I totally agree with you. They eating our connects through many ways. They have only strategy to make money quickly. Why 6 connects require to bid one job? They are charging too high (20%). Many of my clients moved on another platform. They don't like Upwork. The Upwork must change their policy to exist longer in the market. 

Highlighted
Kavita K Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
16 of 876

Hi,

You won't lose your connects anymore as upwork is about to introduce a new feature where if the client doesn't hire any freelancer within a certain amount of timeframe then the connects will be refunded. Currently, This feature is under BETA VERSION and will be released globally soon.

Regards.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 876

Hi Kavita, 

It sounds like you are referring to this new test to refund Connects. I would like to confirm that we are currently testing this feature, and we do not have any confirmation if this will be rolled out. We are always looking for ways to improve Upwork’s platform and this is just one of many tests we conduct each year.

In order to not impact or skew test results, we typically try not to share too many details about tests while they are ongoing. While we can’t address your questions about this test, we do want and appreciate your feedback. We will be glad to pass your comments on as we work to determine which potential features our customers like and don’t like. 

I would request other users to refer and respond on the thread I have linked above if you have comments/feedback regarding this test so that we can keep topics in one place as this thread is about the new change in the Job Success Score calculation. Thank you!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Kavita K Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
18 of 876

Hi Avery,

Thank you for your reply.

I was just responding to NANDKISHOR'S concern regarding the connect usage on the fake client. And I will definitely do a further discussion of this topic in the given thread.

Thanks again,

Regards.

Highlighted
Edgaras A Member Since: Jun 25, 2019
19 of 876

Awesome, that is a nice feature!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Lucio Ricardo M Member Since: May 16, 2018
20 of 876

About JSS drop, it has happened me once. first, i didn't get any notification of my top-rated losing, i noticed this drpp when i checked up my score because I was concerned of not getting more invites. that time my score was 89%, and with the weeks dropped to 69%. what I did to improve my score was to deliver work in some contracts that had been started but had no earnings. Also i contacted a client that I have interviewed time and started a contract with him. he requested me a job to start a project for him, he was happy with me and ended the contract with good feedback, and them my JSS started to raise. There are also entry-level, low.earnings jobs that you can apply to to re-boost your score.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS