🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
saqw3rrr
Community Member

Hi guys,

I silently waited for the end of my Billing cycle (Current Billing Cycle  is Nov 24, 2020 — Dec 23, 2020), but unfortunately for me, it wasn't sent in time.

Whom can I ask about the next steps to solve the issue?

Thanks for your job!

AndreaG

Hi Serhii,

Your Connects should be added automatically to your account today, if you still haven't received them tomorrow please follow up with us and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

miruraj
Community Member
I am not happy with the connects process through Upwork. When I initially started has a freelancer I preferred upwork has a user friendly growing platform to learn more than one skill with work experience and reality. I dint have much knowledge about the “CONNECTS” and used all my free connects and got one job for $50 and the client paid me first half of the amount $25 which charged a service fee of $5 and withdraw fee $0.99 and it’s the same cycle for the rest of the payment. With remaining I got the basic connects and used it which dint work for me and I did not receive any connects back.
I would like to mention here when Upwork charges a service fee why we need to buy connects.
According to my view, it can be varied depending on the freelancer profiles and earnings because it is not affordable by everyone.
miruraj
Community Member
Hi Mikko,

I would like to share my view on your reply which I came across.

Not all clients are same, I got my first job for $50 and the client paid me first half of the amount $25 which charged a service fee of $5 and withdraw fee $0.99 and it’s the same cycle for the rest of the payment. With remaining I got the basic plan for 10 connects and used it and all the applied jobs where either [closed or expired] and I did not receive any connects back to my profile till date.

So, I feel it can be varied depending on the freelancer profiles and earnings because it is not affordable by everyone.

Also, in my place peanuts cost is much higher compared to connects and it reminds me of a proverb “Don't sell your soul to buy peanuts for the monkeys”.
farhad_khan999
Community Member
thank you soo much
jonathanbriatico
Community Member

Hi there, since the start of the 10 Free Connect Reimbursement (December 2020)  i have been interviewed, responded, and awarded multiple jobs (approx 10) I have only recieved the free connects 2 of those times. Thanks for those free connects first of all, secondly am I missintrepreting the 10 connect reimbursements program. How come I was awarded sometimes & not the others? Thanks 🙂

JoanneP

Hi Jonathan,

I checked and it looks like you have been awarded free Connects to those proposals where you were interviewed. You can check them here. Please know that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first.  

3e6e8005
Community Member
When will I get my free connects I haven't received any connects
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Thanks for your question, Raahim. You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

b79d8943
Community Member

Hello everybody,

Once bought 10 connect for paid and since then my billing cycle is not working for 2-3 months, it constantly handing over to the next month. Please help me