Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature Mid-Job Feedback

abbate_alessia
Alessia A Member Since: Dec 28, 2020
51 of 73

Hello,

I have landed my first contract on UpWork recently.

Although I did some research on feedback and how it works, it was new to me that feedback on active contracts can be requested only with payments after 30 days.

The contract is now supposed to be ended but I can see the client hasn't closed it yet. 

Is there a system of reminders for feedback to be left by the client?

Can the client leave a contract open without the system to send reminders for the contract to be closed?

Thank you!

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
52 of 73

Hi Alessia,

Congratulations on your first project!

The feedback you are referring to is a rather new feature which is Mid-Job Feedback. I'll merge your post in the official announcement thread where you can find more information about this.

In order to leave a Mid-Job Feedback, 30 days need to pass since the start of the contract and your contract doesn't meet that requirement yet.

However, if there is no more work to be done on the contract, you can ask your client to end the contract and leave the feedback that way. Feel free to check out this Community thread for more information about the feedback system.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abbate_alessia
Alessia A Member Since: Dec 28, 2020
53 of 73
Amazing, thanks for clarifying.
Best,
Alessia
arslanali800
Community Leader
Arslan A Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
54 of 73

Hi,

I've recently completed one contract, and the client left feedback. However, the client feedback is visible even though I had not been promoted to give the client feedback. There is two 5-star feedback shown on the same contract, and still, the job shows up in the progress tab. Though it is fine, I wonder why I see two pieces of feedback on the same contract?

Arslan Ali

djondinium
55 of 73

Hi Arslan,

I checked and it seems that the client left the Mid-Job feedback and that the contract is still not closed, which is why you are seeing it in the 'In Progress' tab. I also merged your post in the announcement thread where you can find more information about this feature.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
arslanali800
Community Leader
Arslan A Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
56 of 73

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your repsonse. I do have one more query. Since the client already left Mid-Job feedback so now if I will close the contract by myself and client don't left another feedback will it be counted as positive outcome towards my JSS?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Arslan

djondinium
57 of 73

Hi Arslan,

The Mid-Job Feedback has no impacts to your Job Success ScoreYour client still has the option to leave feedback when a contract ends and that feedback will be factored into your JSS.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
agroden
Adam G Member Since: Feb 13, 2021
58 of 73

Can a client give feedback to a job in progress?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
59 of 73

Adam G wrote:

Can a client give feedback to a job in progress?

Yes, as long as money was paid and the contract has been open for 30 days and there has been payment in the last 30 days. However, that feedback is not meaningful, it does not count towards your metrics or your JSS. It also only shows in your "jobs in progress" tab.

schwabe
Robin S Member Since: Apr 28, 2021
60 of 73

Hello,

the feedback function to get feedback from clients worked just fine. Recently, I have noticed that I cannot request ANY feedback. It seems to me that I have to wait 30 days and after the 30 days there is a message that says that there have not been any payments in the last 30 days.

However, I have different contracts and have been active on upwork more than the last 30 days now and I could not request even 1 feedback, as far as I can remember.

Could it be broken?!

RS

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS