🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Share Your Career Journey
Page options
CourtneyC
Staff
Staff

Share Your Career Journey

We know it may sound cliche, but everyone has taken a different path to get to where they are. We also know most of those paths were not linear and may have involved some hills and zigzags. No matter the road it took to get you to where you are, we’re so glad you’re there, and we want to help you share your journey

Stories like yours encourage us to see new possibilities! Everyone needs a starting point, a treasure map, to help inspire them to take the next step in their journey—your story could be that!

We are building a career library to showcase the different paths people took to get to where they are. Whether you are a business owner, a freelancer, full-time, part-time–and everything in between–we’d love your help. You never know who your story will impact or who may impact yours!

There are many ways to tell a story, and we want you to share yours in the format you are most comfortable with—be it audio, written, infographic/graphics, video, or something else!

Not sure where to start? We've got you!

We know it can be daunting when the blinking cursor stares at you on a blank page and want to help! If you aren’t sure where to start, try answering the questions below (feel free to use this as inspiration and not a strict roadmap.

Current Role

• What is your current role like?
  • What about it makes you want to get up in the morning?
  • What does an average week look like for you?
  • How did you get to this position?
  • What skills have you found vital to your current role?
  • Are there any expectations you had about this career path that you have discovered differed from reality, in both a good or bad way?
  • What are your long-term career goals?

History

• What was your first job?
  • What was your second?
  • What drew you to this field?
  • What career accomplishments are you most proud of?
  • Was there a career setback you faced that you later realized was an advantage?
  • What has been your most significant success factor?

About you

• What would you do differently if you could go back in time?
  • Which has been more valuable in your career, education, or experience?
  • Do you do any professional development? If so, what are your favorite resources?
  • What are your daily habits?
  • Have you read any books that helped you develop your career?
  • What advice do you have for someone new to the industry?

Once you’re ready, you can build out your story in the format you feel most comfortable with and submit it as a file, google drive link, google doc link, etc., in the form below. We have a few housekeeping questions that will help us organize all submissions—we promise it will take 60 seconds!

We can't wait to read your story and are here to help if you have any questions!

Ready to share your story? Submit your journey here

7 REPLIES 7
shoaibdesigner2
Community Member

Current Role

• What is your current role like?
  • Ans. I like a graphic designer.
  • What about it makes you want to get up in the morning?
  • Ans. I want when I'm in tears I miss a lot of work.
  • What does an average week look like for you?
  • Ans. Very nice
  • How did you get to this position?
  • Ans. Grpahic Designer.
CourtneyC
Staff
Staff

Thanks for your interest, Muhammad! If you'd like to submit your story please be sure to use our form (found here). Can't wait to read/listen/watch more of your story! 

Community Member

I want to be professional in the field of Administrative. I would like to see myself as a man who can give technical support to the company whose growth is based on this highly professional, sensitive and demanding.

I want to face challenges with confidence, knowledge and skills. I am ambitious and like to enhance my skills and increase my depth of knowledge. I love to troubleshoot the problems related to job profile.

From :-  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

923938e1
Community Member

I want to learn more about freelancer activity which improve my networking to get assignment in my area of expertise. I am very keen to enhance my networking and also increase depth of domain knolwedge. Kind regards,

e2d3958c
Community Member

thankyou so much!! this really helps me to encourage my self to improve my skills more here in Upwork , this makes me feel I got the chance to expertise these more

d570a48d
Community Member

• I want to be a professional graphic designer. Thank you for your support and words of encouragement.
  • This make me feel I got the chance to be expert one day 
Emmanuel Effiong Etuk
mawieshams
Community Member

On my 6 days here being active was so good that I earned money for the necessities of my kids and family. My clients come and go and leave a beautiful feedback again and again. However, after upwork suspend my account with a silly reason. My clients never trusted me anymore after get back. They left I guess, or I don't know. Maybe they find another freelancer. Honestly, I am crying now. I was about to save 20$ for the premium account to earn 100 connects. But due to emergency funds of buying rice for my family. The money was now already gone for gone, or had spend it already.

All I have to do is to wait next month to have a 10 connects. And if my proposal will be declined. I have no choice but to leave and returned again for another month for another 10 connects. Connects is so expensive. Can't afford it :'( 

But at least, I'd love the experience how client praise your and thanking you for helping their very simple problems. It's all about bidding. It's all about who's gonna get lucky next day. And more on using brains. Because I kept accepting jobs with low rates. Maybe next time, I'll choose high rates to buy my own premium account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths