🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Using Generative AI on Upwork
Page options
BrentP
Community Manager
Community Manager

Using Generative AI on Upwork

We are excited about the public release of generative AI (AI) solutions like ChatGPT and recognize the advantages of AI to enhance productivity and project deliverables. We also know that transparency is essential to establishing and maintaining trust between clients and the freelancers they work with, which is why we recommend being transparent about which tools you use to complete your work, including the use of artificial intelligence products. Permitted tools can be clarified in a contract, job proposal, or message to help avoid any confusion or potential dispute. We also recommend reviewing contracts carefully, as clients can encourage or restrict the use of specific tools, including AI, in their projects.

As a reminder, when you post content on Upwork, per our Terms of Service (TOS), you agree that the content won't violate intellectual property rights or the Terms of Service of another platform. With that in mind, if you choose to use AI-assisted tools to create content for a proposal or complete a job, we recommend that you first confirm that the content is original and complies with the TOS of the generating platform for utilization as an end-state work product.

We aim to continue promoting a trusted and safe environment; with the use of disclosures, you can help be part of that while still experimenting with new tools.

About the author: Brent Pliskow is GM, VP of Customer Support; he joined Upwork in April 2022. In his spare time, he loves to bake - a hobby he picked up in the early days of the pandemic. His sourdough starter is now more than 3 years old!

136 REPLIES 136
655be748
Community Member

No, If your profile is private you can not get more information.

8a3a88e6
Community Member

Thank you. It is great.

bc801d31
Community Member

U well done 

bc801d31
Community Member

Greatest performance 

37edda2e
Community Member

I worked on AI content writing. This is super and amazing to generate our written skills. Even you are in any field, real estate promotion, and via social media you taking up very huge amount of experience and gain many advantages from AI generative. Also we talking about chatgpt this is a very helpful platform to helping in the writing and taking or analyzing many ideas raised your work on upwork.

0c4c8132
Community Member

great

22e22bec
Community Member

I subscribe to the idea of full disclosure on work tools used. Though it's dependent on client's preference, I do not see any danger posed in the use of Generative A1 for projects since it aids productivity and pace.

Chioma Nelda Okafor
+234-803-3474-868
the-right-writer
Community Member

There are still serious issues, as I have stated before, and no one will answer. Just because something makes your work easier, does not mean it's OK.

However, I am so glad to see someone who is willing to use full disclosure on all tools.

This is going to be the standard, that the use of "ChatGPTbots" etc. must be declared on the work.

78e16c26
Community Member

AI should only be used for guidance . One should do his or her own depending on the guidance provided by AI.

82734d1b
Community Member

AI is truly out of sight and its reach is arguably infinite. Thank you.

You must write in English, if not, your post will be edited or deleted.

AI is truly out of sight and its reach is arguably infinite. Thank you.

409b9470
Community Member

great

409b9470
Community Member

Nice to hear that

f33aae69
Community Member

Hey Brent, I am not sure if you were directly involved in AI solution development but its not working as expected.

Also, almost all clients dont want to use AI responses.

It means that there are a lot of problems like they can recognize its AI-generated response very easily.

It should be resolved 

bbdce25b
Community Member

I agree in most parts, but for genuine content creators AI latest iterations need to be readdressed. I would be happy to submit an article on this on UpWork, if you allow me.  

6ceb7b83
Community Member

Thank you very much for sharing this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths