Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applicant selection process

Fontana C Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 6

Hello,

This is a question and or a feedback for Upwork:

- I have received almost 30 applications for a job. I would like to know if there is a way to make a download of the anwers (as there are many factors to look at) or to view as a table. Is there or could there be a possibility for me to make anotations relating to each potential candidate? Right now the job is complicated as I need to open each "proposal" one by one, and if the choice is not obvious to remove or keep the candidate, I need to make my own notes, which also cannot be shared with my team online. I bealieve this woudl be very helpful useful.

As I am relatively new here (used elance before), is there something alreday exisiting to help the process? 

Thanks!

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Fontana,

Congrats on getting your project going here on Upwork. There isn't a "notes" function alongside the candidates you're evaluating but you can shortlist your favorites (it looks like you're doing this already).  Out of curiousity, what kind of information are you looking to note and keep track? 

3 of 6

I would like to note or highlight the key points of each applicant (some are quite detailed). Also no way to compare in an easy way, in a chart for example, which would make it much easier. Just as (I know it does not sound very nice - but practical and helpful) when I buy in an online shop and can compare products. Because that in teh end is what we are doing, comparing skills, experience, offer, etc.

4 of 6

No suggestions from anyone? Thanks.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 6

Fontana,

Since there is not a note section, You can open the page and most browsers have an option to Save as PDF. It is generally under the print option. So if you really want to "Save" each applicant it make take a bit of work, but you could hit you "Print" option in your browser then look for the option ot save as pdf. This way you would be able to download and save each as a pdf file. I sugges you save it on you computer in a specific folder then you can view each and make you decision.

6 of 6

Thanks. Not really what I was looking for (let's say that it could be more user friendly), but certainly one way to do it in the meantime! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS