🐈
» Forums » Clients » Bad Feedback and refound? Is it possible to c...
Page options
a190e93d
Community Member

Bad Feedback and refound? Is it possible to check if a freelancer actually performed a refound?

Hi to everyone,

some times ago I had a very bad experience with a freelancer (a software developer). Basically he take money working bny hours, delivered nothing and at the end I lost money and time. Probably he is a very young and junior developer. I was forced to leave negative feedback in which I said that:

1) He claimed to be a senior developer but he was very junior.

2)Every day (when I asked for the status of the task) he only says to me "Please, can I update you TOMORROW"...and then tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

3) After a week the time was ended and he asked me two extra days to "complete" the task (he never started it)...I gave him these 2 extra days saying that the work was very urgent and asking him to have a responsible behavior...he disappeared...two days passed and he had done nothing

4) He was payd for some hours taht he marked in the calendar for the first week.

5) Then I close the contract and I gave the same task to another very senior software developer: he have done the same task in onbly 4 hours asking less than half the price and providing me all the documentation and explaination about how the job was done.

After that I gave this very bad review this jung freelance said to me that he was very sad about it and that he realized he was wrong in not communicating that he was unable to do the job. He propose me to refound me. In case I will delete the bad review...lesson learned.

Now I received this message (from him) on my Upwork chat:

a190e93d_0-1641218690300.png

So is it sure that I have obtained a refound? Or it can be a SCAM? (I am not totally sure if it is a message created by Upwork or if he could have manually "forged" it to let me think that he refounded me. How can I check if he actually performed the refound operation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Is is possible that the freelancer forged a message?

Yes.

But it is impossible for a freelancer to forge transactions.

Just check your Upwork transactions. This is a very simple matter.

Upwork -> Reports -> Transaction History

=============

I read your post and looked at your screenshot. I seriously doubt that this freelancer forged a refund in Upwork messages. This looks authentic. Anyway, it takes five seconds to go to the correct place to verify the refund.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Is is possible that the freelancer forged a message?

Yes.

But it is impossible for a freelancer to forge transactions.

Just check your Upwork transactions. This is a very simple matter.

Upwork -> Reports -> Transaction History

=============

I read your post and looked at your screenshot. I seriously doubt that this freelancer forged a refund in Upwork messages. This looks authentic. Anyway, it takes five seconds to go to the correct place to verify the refund.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths