🐈
» Forums » Clients » Can a buyer fund an offer?
Page options
jasontorpy
Community Member

Can a buyer fund an offer?

I have an offer from a brand new person - 1 job, no work... I don't want a bot. I don't want a scammer or non-serious person either. I assume the guy is great but it would be best if I could require they fund the offer.
So like if I accept, I can require the job/milestone is funded before starting work. But can they fund the offer before I accept?

2 REPLIES 2
mystudiomke
Community Member

You shouldn’t accept a contract if there is no work/milestone set for it. You will lose at the end. Take a look at other threads here and see how those turn out.

Kindly tell your possible new client that once work is define you will accept the contract and move forward from here.

Hope that helps,

Lila
petra_r
Community Member

@jason T wrote:

So like if I accept, I can require the job/milestone is funded before starting work. But can they fund the offer before I accept?

On a fixed price contract it is impossible to send an offer without funding the first milestone but still, you need to find out what they want first before accepting 🙂

If it is an hourly contract then nothing gets funded, you track your time instead.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths