🐈
» Forums » Clients » Feature Request: Assign Budgets/Financials to...
Page options
posurreal
Community Member

Feature Request: Assign Budgets/Financials to Projects, NOT Contracts

I have been on Upwork for many years and upgraded to Upwork Plus last year. It has been a challenge navigating between the main menu and the Settings area; but I am finally understanding where things are. 

During this journey, I have identified a way to manage hourly contracts more effectively. The #1 feature request is allowing Plus clients to:
1) Create a Project by creating a room. This room will have my team members, chosen from active hourly freelancers.  I may also assign an activity code, when needed, on a freelancer level as we do now.
2) Assign a financial account to the Project, NOT the contract. This is the most important part of the feature request.

An alternative is to connect the activity code to the financial account. In order for this to happen, I need to be able to select any of the freelancers under any contract to the activity code. Right now, freelancers must be under that contract to be visible.

The benefits of this feature  is:

• From the freelancer's perspective....
    • S/he does not get penalized when a potential client sees that they have multiple contracts. The new feature will only need 1 contract.
    • The freelancer does not start from $0 and pay more Upwork fees, until they reach $500. again.
  • From my perspective as a client...
    • I can quickly create projects, assign a financial account, create a room, add my team, and get to work.
    • The report will be much easier to view and quickly make decisions.
    • I will be able to assign a freelancer from their 1 contract page for each project.

I would love to brainstorm this feature request.
Thank you!
Mary

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Mary,

Thank you for sharing your experience and suggestions! We'll forward this to our team so they can review it.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you, Andrea!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths