🐈
» Forums » Clients » Filing a complain
Page options
Community Member

Filing a complain

Hi,

I want to file a complain about the freelancer who worked on our project, so what do I need to do?  Also, how did the money got released from the escorw without my concent?

Saeed

7 REPLIES 7
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Saeed, 

It depends on what exactly you want to complain about. If you want to report a message they sent you, you can do that in the chatroom. If you want to dispute a payment, then you need to get support to open a dispute. But it would need to be within 30 days of when you released the milestone. 

How did the money get released from escrow without your consent? 

If the freelancer submitted work for payment, then you have 2 weeks to review the work before the payment is automatically released. Within those 2 weeks you can request revisions, which nullifies the clock on the two week countdown until the freelancer submits the work again. Part of the payment protection for the freelancer is that the money in escrow is released after 2 weeks if the client is non-responsive, so that the client cannot simply disappear and not pay the freelancer. This was outlined in the TOS when you signed up for Upwork and when you created your contract with the freelancer. 

If you give us more details the community can provide you with better information on how to handle it. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I want to file a complain about the freelancer who worked on our project, so what do I need to do?"

Saeed:

As a client, I have hired 178 freelancers.

Most are great. Some are mediocre. Some are terrible.

That is to be expected.

Why would I need to file a complaint about a freelancer?

Why would YOU need to file a complaint about a freelancer?

As clients, we essentially have ALL the power to do nearly anything we want.

We can hire and fire freelancers at will.

We can fire freelancers at any time, for any reason. Or for no reason at all.

If a freelancer does a terrible job on my project, I can fire him.

If a freelancer likes cats and I prefer dogs, I can fire him.

As I ALREADY have the power to manage freelancers and manage my projects however I see fit, and I ALREADY have the power to leave feedback when I close a contract and explain EXACTLY why a freelancer is awesome or NOT awesome... why would I need to "file a complaint"? What is that going to accomplish?

re: "Also, how did the money got released from the escrow without my consent?"

That did not happen.

If any money was released from escrow, it ONLY happened with your consent - either explicit consent or implied consent.

PradeepH

Hi Saeed,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 why here 90% company told in Gmail or telegram . . Why here 90% scame

Is my work is scame ..? I want reply it clearly.. after work why they not give money.

Hi Papon,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Why 95% company told there job details in telegram ? Is not violation of upwork .. I think 90% company are fraud and cheat there Clint. If you stop this cheating and fraud please stop your upwork site ." Every man have an value of time ..**Edited for community guidelines**

It is that company who cheating me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths