cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out when Freelancer was last online/logged in?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
11 of 35

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry to know about your experience with your freelancer. I'll go ahead and look into this and see what else we can do from our end to assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Scott S Member Since: Mar 10, 2018
12 of 35

That wasn't really responsive to the fellow's question:and reasoning:

"When will you be adding this feature? It's pretty important for clients to know when their hire has been active. It helps us gauge their involvement and work ethic too. Plus it helps us know they have seen our messages."

"

I'd like to know the answer as well because this is a key feature that's missing.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
13 of 35

Hi Scott, 

While this has been discussed before, this feature is still not available. If you need us to follow up with your freelancer on your behalf, let us know and we'll follow up with this freelancer for you.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Attaullah S Member Since: Aug 18, 2019
14 of 35

Tell you how. I  am searching to find a link that lodge a complaint against my freelancer?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 35

re: "I am searching to find a link that lodge a complaint against my freelancer?"

In the top right-hand corner of every freelancer's profile page is a button/link:

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 8.06.33 AM.png

There are various things you can flag a freelancer for with this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 8.07.06 AM.png

It is also possible to file a Customer Support ticket.

It is also possible to come here to the Community Forum and explain your situation.

But ALSO keep in mind this:

As a client, you have total control over your contracts. You can CLOSE A CONTRACT AT ANY TIME, and you don't need anybody's permission to do so.

If there are matters that may be of legitimate concern to Upwork, then you may indeed be assisting the platform as a whole by reporting a freelancer. For example, if a freelancer is representing himself fraudulently by claiming to live in the United States, when he really lives somewhere else... That is something you could report.

But there are other things that you may choose to NOT REPORT, and instead, just fire the freelancer. Perhaps you do planning sessions over Skype with the freelancer, and she always wears a funny hat. If you don't like funny hats, you could fire the freelancer and work only with freelancers who do not wear funny hats. But this would not be the basis for officially lodging a complaint.

Highlighted
helen c Member Since: Jun 17, 2017
16 of 35

I agree - I want to know this information too.

Highlighted
Duncan K Member Since: Jun 3, 2020
17 of 35

Hi, I haven't heard from my client for almost a week now... He just went silent. I have been sending messages but no reply comes forth yet He hired me and the contract is ongoing.. what can I do please

Highlighted
Suraj R Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
18 of 35

I have same problem with my client, it should be fix before anyone loss a big deal, Employee and Client disapear problem is small now but It will be huge for that who spent big amount in project, Kindly look into the matter and take serious action on it, We believe on upwork that They will find a way to solve this problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 35

Suraj, when your client is online or logged into Upwork has nothing to do with you ability to do your work or get paid.

I get paid automatically whether or not clients go online.

Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 35

Keep in mind that both clients and freelancers can use the "invisible" mode when they are online and logged into Upwork.

This is not a browser feature. It is an actual Upwork setting. Invisible versus visible... A way that Upwork users can log in, look at messages, etc. without signaling to anyone the fact that thay are logged into Upwork.

So "stalking" someone on Upwork to try to see when they are online may not yield information that is accurate 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS