🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer account on hold
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Freelancer account on hold

There is a freelancer I met some time ago when she applied to one of the jobs I posted on Upwork, and I saved her profile for the future. I just discussed a new gig with her today and I would like to hire her, but unfortunately, she told me that her account is on hold and I can't hire her.

I didn't really understand what the reason is, but she seems like a perfect match for the gig I'm after, and she mentioned that she doesn't know how long would it take for her account to be restored again.

I don't want to work with the freelancer off-platform, because obviously, this breaks the ToS, but will this still be the case when the freelancer's account is suspended? In other words, I seriously need to start the gig with this freelancer as fast as possible, but Upwork does not allow her to do any work on the platform. What can I do in this case? Am I good to work with her off-platform until her account is restored?

On a side note, is there a way I can determine why her account is put on hold? Just to make sure I don't fall into any issues.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wassim,

Yes, that'd still be a violation of Upwork's ToS. You can click on my name and send me a PM with the profile link of the Freelancer you're referring to. I can check on the status of their account and follow up with the team that's assisting them. However, I won't be able to share any details about their account status with you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Wassim T wrote:

She told me that her account is on hold and I can't hire her.

I don't want to work with the freelancer off-platform, because obviously, this breaks the ToS, but will this still be the case when the freelancer's account is suspended?

Yes, that still applies.

Wassim T wrote:

What can I do in this case?

Hire someone else.

Wassim T wrote:

On a side note, is there a way I can determine why her account is put on hold?

No.

Usually it's because a freelancer is refusing to go through ID verification or because of a serious ToS violation.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wassim,

Yes, that'd still be a violation of Upwork's ToS. You can click on my name and send me a PM with the profile link of the Freelancer you're referring to. I can check on the status of their account and follow up with the team that's assisting them. However, I won't be able to share any details about their account status with you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths