🐈
» Forums » Clients » How are the clients dealing with boosted prop...
Page options
timefighter11
Community Member

How are the clients dealing with boosted proposals?

There is a question always in my mind everytime I submit a proposal for a certain job, "Shold I boost it or not?". I see people spending lot of connects just to catch an eye of clients, do clients actually care about the proposal at the top? 
(Though I avoid boosting proposals but wanna know client perspective.) 

5 REPLIES 5
1e72d562
Community Member

Hi Zeeshan!

You would find a better understanding by going through this article.

8d1359cb
Community Member

Zeeshan Bhai even boosting is not delivering any results nowadays, beside you and I (freelancers) cant really compete with those agencies that using like 80+ or 90+ connects for simple jobs. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Muhammad,

JOB SUBMISSIONS: Tips - Only apply to Jobs that you are highly qualified, don't Bid for the top 3 spots unless you are an exact match and have a high probability of getting the job, don't immediately apply for jobs, but instead wait at least a few hours so your bidding is more accurate, don't get into bidding wars because serious Clients will view most applicant's cover letters, don't apply for Jobs that have 20 - 50 applicants in less than 24 hours. If a Client gets 50 cover letters, there is only a 2% chance of being hired; bad odds. I set my freelancer sort to apply for jobs with less than 20 proposals. Have a great day!

christopherbudde
Community Member

Just yesterday I was looking at a job I thought would be a good fit. Since it had 20-50 proposals and the bid up was around 60 connects, I gave it a pass. So what shows up an hour later? An invite to the very same job. I guess bidding up position is useless if you don't have the chops.

Yep. You also got lucky that the Client decided to hunt for talent themselves after proposals poured in.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths