🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can I communicate directly with Upwork bi...
Page options
david4321
Community Member

How can I communicate directly with Upwork billing? (New Title)

I just finished paying the contractor I hired to do my job, but the contract appears to still be open, and recieving applications. I must not have closed the contract to new hires after I hired my contractor, but the job is fully done, and I can't find that feature. The job was successfully completed, I just want to fully close it out now.

Thanks.

Edit: I no longer need to close a contract, I need to communicate directly with Upwork billing. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you do not wish to discuss your concern in the forum. I've escalated it to your concern to our Customer Support team and a representative will follow up with you directly via a support ticket. You can access your tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

3 dots in small circle, "Close contract" option.

From where? I am in "Your Postings" on "Your Dashboard", and close contract is not an option in the three dot menu, despite the job still being listed as active.

Upwork-Close.jpg

Look under CONTRACTS.

(Not job postings.)

david4321
Community Member

This is not as it appears, it's not what I thought - I think something is tangled up in payments. It's not a problem with payment method. Is there any way to communicate directly with UpWork billing? Phone is what I really want - if they don't have that, anything will do. I don't think I can understand what's going on here without talking with them.

re: "Is there any way to communicate directly with UpWork billing?"

I can assure you that it is unnecessary to communicate with Upwork billing in order to close a completed contract. It is definitely not Upwork's intent that you communicate directly with a billing department regarding this matter.

re: "Phone is what I really want - if they don't have that, anything will do. I don't think I can understand what's going on here without talking with them."

I can assure you that it is not Upwork's intention that you talk to them on the phone.

If you have a question, feel free to post your question here in this thread.

david4321
Community Member

I explained that this situation is not what I thought it was - I am no longer trying to close a contract. 

You cannot assure me of what I need, unless you are representing Upwork. Are you here representing Upwork?

I am not concerned with Upwork's intentions, it is my intention to communicate with them. I no longer have the concern that I described in my first post - but I now have a billing concern, and I do not want to discuss it on a forum with random members whose relationship with Upwork I do not understand, only with someone representing the Upwork organization.

Please be respectful in answering me, I do not respond to intimidation, and I said nothing to warrant a brusque condescending response.

Thank you kindly

re: "Are you here representing Upwork?"

I do not work for Upwork. I am simply a fellow Upwork user trying to help.

david4321
Community Member

"this situation is not what I thought it was - I am no longer trying to close a contract. "

"but I now have a billing concern, and I do not want to discuss it on a forum... only with someone representing the Upwork organization."

How can I communicate directly with Upwork billing?

Via support ticket. You can create it yourself or some moderator here will do it for you.

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you do not wish to discuss your concern in the forum. I've escalated it to your concern to our Customer Support team and a representative will follow up with you directly via a support ticket. You can access your tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths