🐈
» Forums » Clients » I found suspicious activity associated with a...
Page options
5a25c53f
Community Member

I found suspicious activity associated with an auto clicker, messaged Upwork but no response?

I have screenshots and proof of one of my freelancers using an auto clicker, which is against Upwork’s terms of service. The proof is so blatantly obvious and I believe this freelancer poses a threat/unhealthy presence to Upwork’s marketplace. I want to report this freelancer and dispute the charges that I had to pay after discovering the auto clicker activity.

I posted about this issue on Reddit (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) a while back and a lot of members from the Upwork community (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) told me that the screenshots were 100% suspicious and that the freelancer was using an auto clicker. 
I'm not a confrontational person and I gave the freelancer a lot of chances to explain himself. I asked him if we could do a video call, so he could explain himself and he barely could speak English. Although the conversations we had on Upwork were in perfect English. He still hasn't finished some parts of my project. Unfortunately he ended up ghosting me and made up excuses like "I have an emergency", "I have a wedding", "sorry, I was on vacation". This was the breaking point and I decided to report him to Upwork and ask for refunds associated with the auto clicker activity. 

Upwork Support told me they would contact me within 24 hours to get this issue resolved, but it's been over 2 days now and I have not heard back. I also messaged Upwork's Twitter support and they also seem to disregard my messages. It's very unprofessional and frustrating. What should I do?

I have already removed the freelancer from accessing my database, so my company's information is safe. I just want to resolve this issue ASAP, so I can move on and finish my milestones and prevent this scammer from manipulating other Upwork clients.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team here. Your concern is escalated to the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PradeepH

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team here. Your concern is escalated to the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for updating me. 

Edit: I received a response back and am currently working with Upwork Customer Service to resolve this issue. Thank you.

It seems like the Upwork freelancer who used the auto clicker illegally is still active on the Upwork marketplace. How is this okay?

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for following up. I checked and it looks like you already share your concern regarding the freelancer on your ticket. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5a25c53f
Community Member

Thank you Nikola for the update. Hopefully this gets resolved soon so I can continue working on Upwork. 

Sir my account suspended please 🙏 active my accountNow it will not rot again

Hi Hanooq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b2edc02d
Community Member

Hopefully it gets resolved asap. 

PS: I'm looking out for work as a translator and i'm finding it hard to get jobs, i'm getting tired but i'm not giving up 

alienteknology
Community Member

I work in different environments while working for my clients. I have a separate testing and development environment where I copy and paste a significant amount of my work from one to the other. The time tracker is installed in the development environment where I keep all of my clients' files, and where I do the development work. However, sometimes I use a different screen in a non-virtualized or sometimes virtualized environment, depending on the job, to write my code, particularly when doing my SEO work. This is because ChatGPT is banned in Italy, where I am currently since I am a digital nomad and travel and live abroad, so I have a separate environment just for ChatGPT. I use a VPN to bypass the filters and prevent being blocked from using ChatGPT to write my SEO content. Additionally, sometimes when I'm stuck and can't find the answer on a community forum when my code breaks, ChatGPT is able to debug it about 50% of the time.

After I write the code, I paste it into the virtualized development environment. Therefore, it would be premature to make any accusations since many professionals like me work from multiple environments. Moreover, it's worth noting that only one environment can be tracked as virtualized environments are separate from each other. I'm not accusing anyone of doing the same thing as I do, but it's a possibility. Therefore, it's better to ask them first before making any assumptions.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths