🐈
» Forums » Clients » I have a fixed contract. $2k is paid out. $1k...
Page options
d5402514
Community Member

I have a fixed contract. $2k is paid out. $1k in escrow. If I close contract....

I have a fixed contract. $2k is paid out. $1k in escrow.  I owe the freelancer $3k total.

If I close contract, will the $1k escrow go to freelancer towards the $3k total? Or do i need to set up another milestone? 

Also all the milestone says PAID on my end ($2k)

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for reaching out. Before you end a contract, you will want to consider releasing any funds you’ve already placed in escrow as part of the agreed-upon contract with your freelancer/agency. If you choose to close the contract without releasing the money in escrow, we’ll email your freelancer/agency and request an escrow refund on your behalf. You may want to check this help article for more details on Ending Fixed-Price Contracts.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d5402514
Community Member

How do I release the escrow funds? All milestones are paid out/marked paid. The escrow seems to be coming from fixed contract 

Hi Shannon,

I have checked your account and the Contract you're referring to. It looks like there's no funded milestone and you ended the Contract as well. Please let us know if you need further assistance. In the meantime, feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths