🐈
» Forums » Clients » I need urgent help regarding my hiring!
Page options
617bec6b
Community Member

I need urgent help regarding my hiring!

Hello,

Recently I hired a freelancer to fix my site theme issues and optimize my site. But he didn't complete his work about 10% and cancel the contract but he gets paid!!! How is this can possible??? My money wasted??? Please help me what's happening! It's my hard-working money please do a refund, why I will be charged when my work isn't completed for not even 10% and he cancels me without knowing me anything?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Hriday K wrote:

Recently I hired a freelancer to fix my site theme issues and optimize my site. But he didn't complete his work about 10% and cancel the contract but he gets paid!!! 

The money has not been paid to the freelancer, it is being returned to your payment method already. You can see that on your screenshot, where it says "Paid: $ 0" - When a freelancer cancels a contract (probably after understanding that $ 5 is not worth spending more than a few minutes on) the funds in Escrow go straight back to you.

If you want someone to do an even reasonably decent job, don't hire people who think they can do what you need for $ 5....

617bec6b
Community Member

I know that he wasn't paid but it also not refund to my bank account. What's the problem going on here? I was charged $5.15 (390.68 INR in my local currency) from my bank and still not refunded! 😞

So generally be said I was charged that amount but neither the developer get that (as he quite) nor I get a refund. Please share your thoughts here!

petra_r
Community Member

Hriday K wrote:

So generally be said I was charged that amount but neither the developer get that (as he quite) nor I get a refund. Please share your thoughts here!

You get the money back on your original payment method, but this takes 2 to 5  business days (excluding weekends and holidays).

You also have to remember that you get what you pay for in life. $5 does not buy you any kind of "developer..."

prestonhunter
Community Member

Respectfully...

$5 does not buy you five explanation marks and two sets of triple question marks. (???)

Sorry but don't understand you!

Hi Hriday,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with receiving a refund. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths