🐈
» Forums » Clients » ID verification
Page options
eb933294
Community Member

ID verification

Hello,

I'm trying to hire a freelancer and was asked to verify my ID. Unfortunately, the verification failed and there were no reasons given for why it was rejected. I tried to contact customer support but all I get is a bot and then an email sent to me with my texts with the bot. How am I supposed to know why my ID was rejected and what can be done to me it passes the verification if there is no way to speak to a person to explain what was wrong with it? The process is very frustrating.

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdelrahman,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble verifying your ID. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and one of our agents will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
eb933294
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I spoke with the support and they sent me an email with a secure link to upload the documents. I had to upload two documents (ID and another doc) then after a day or two, they asked me to reupload the documents via the website again. I'm not going to do it. I'm already tired of this process. They have the documents now. I already uploaded them twice, two different IDs and another official document. why would they want me to reupload? This is so frustrating and I'm simply not going to keep doing this. If I don't hear back from them soon, I'll simply not consider Upwork this time and in my future hiring and will move to other platforms. I was verified on another platform in just a few minutes. I'm giving Upwork one final chance to fix this. What an awful experience it has been. This treatment is so entitled from Upwork.

eb933294
Community Member

Can you please check what is the situation? The support is very slow and they don't provide answers. It is mostly automatic answers. 

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
eb933294
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. Nobody has contacted me yet.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all inquiries via support tickets are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
eb933294
Community Member

Well last time I replied to their email was on the 2nd of April and now we are on the 5th. So That's is not the issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths