Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Posting still open even a freelancer already been hired

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
1 of 9

Hello,

I have one job that is already being worked under a contract to one of the freelancer (the freelancer already gave some results actually and still on going). But why this particular job post is still open on my view, even after the job is awarded a week ago.

Thank you for any clarification on this.

Cheers,

J

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 9

Go into the job and close it.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 9

When a client clicks the "Hire" button to send an actual hire offer to a contractor, there is a big checkbox that gives the client the option to indicate the job should be CLOSED if the contractor accepts the job.

By default, the job is NOT checked. By default, jobs are NOT automatically closed when a contractor accepts the job and starts working.

But it is a big checkbox and note, and one of the only elements in the "send hire offer" tool. It is hard to miss.

Generally speaking, if jobs are left open after somebody has already accepted the job, I think one of the following is true:

a) the client is intentionally continuing to accept offers, either because she may want to hire more than one person for the job or because she isn't sure that the first person will work out.

or

b) the client is very new to Upwork and was a big hurry to hire a person and ignored the checkbox presented to them that would have closed the job automatically.

Community Leader
Richard H Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 9

or maybe the client was confused by "close the job".   Change it to "stop accepting new bids" or  "bid has been accepted"  or anything else less confusing to clients.

Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
5 of 9

What Richard said. Some of the terminology used on this site is very confusing, for both freelancers AND clients. Closing the job to me means the job is done, but that isn't the case in the OPs situation.

Ace Contributor
Juntianus J Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
6 of 9

This is exactly what I thought!

It is confusing, and I think even worse. Let say I have hired a freelancer, and I can think that if I click Close, I will say the job is no longer valid or the job is complete, that can cause even more problems.

maria aiza c Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
7 of 9

hi im new here inthis where i can see my job?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 9

@maria aiza c wrote:

hi im new here inthis where i can see my job?

Hi Maria,

1) Do you actually HAVE a job? I mean, were you hired? Officially, through Upwork? in that case you find your job under "My Jobs"

myjobs.jpg

If there is nothing there you do not have a job and must not start working for any client.

2) Please remove, for your security, the copy of your ID from your portfolio. You should never post any ID on the Internet, it's dangerous and very very silly!

Ace Contributor
Vitalij R Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
9 of 9

Thanks to topic starter.

I also had my doubts about why the application is not withdrawn even though the client has already hired someone for a particular job.
Now, all clear Smiley Happy
Sincerely, Vitalij - Top Rated brochure designer.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS