🐈
» Forums » Clients » My freelancer won't respond and hasn't comple...
Page options
379c1531
Community Member

My freelancer won't respond and hasn't completed any work. How do I end contract and get refunded?

I hired a freelancer about a month ago to help me forward a domain and change updated content on the website. Once I gave her all of the information, I haven't received any updates from her. In the meantime, I have learned how to link my new domain on my own, and I would like to hire someone else specifically for my website editing. I want to end my contract with this freelancer, and I don't want her to be paid with the money in escrow, as she hasn't done any work as agreed upon. 

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

Navigate to the contract page.

Click on the "three dots" icon.

Close/cancel/end contract.

In the box indicating amount of money to release, edit the amount to zero.

Submit

If freelancer does nothing, then the refund request will AUTOMATICALLY be triggered in 7 days.

If the freelancer DOES see the refund request, and decides to ignore it, then you will AUTOMATICALLY be refunded the money.

If the freelancer is honorable, and has done no work on the project, and she decides to respond, then she will click the button to accept the refund request, and you will receive your money even sooner.

If the freelancer HAS actually completed a portion of the work, then you should offer to pay her a portion of the money equal to the percentage of the work that she has completed and delivered to you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths