🐈
» Forums » Clients » My job was deleted
Page options
7fda9fe5
Community Member

My job was deleted

Upwork sent me an email deleting my job post because they said I was trying to get unpaid work. Whatever AI system was used to determine this was drastically wrong. Please read the post, and correct your internal controls. This error already cost me. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Steve, 

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. 

If you would like to communicate further with our team regarding your job, you can follow up with additional questions on your ticket with number 27382741.

If you need help with your job postings or anything else let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
luce-neidert
Community Member

Steve S wrote:

Upwork sent me an email deleting my job post because they said I was trying to get unpaid work. Whatever AI system was used to determine this was drastically wrong. Please read the post, and correct your internal controls. This error already cost me. 

Steve, I don't know if this was the case, but if you were asking for a sample from a freelancer, this is considered free work unless you propose to pay for the sample. Upwork doesn't need AI to detect this, freelancers that know the rules flag this type of offer.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Steve:
Job postings ARE scanned by automated algorithms.

These algorithms are not perfect. They're made by human being, and they are limited. They make mistakes. I have had perfectly acceptable job postings get blocked or removed mistakenly by automated algorithms. Sometimes I need to revise the wording in order to get the job posting to stick.

It is also possible that your job posting was flagged by somebody who misunderstood it, and then removed through a more manual process.

It is also possible that you inadvertently posted a job posting which actually had something amiss, due to your unfamiliarity with a specific rule or policy.

Don't take it personally, and don't assume that you did anything wrong.

Upwork Customer Support may be able to help you. You are also welcome to ask questions here in the Forum about what things would or would be allowed in a job posting.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths