🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pre-screening new client jobs from posting co...
Page options
86cfad7f
Community Member

Pre-screening new client jobs from posting contact information

I review new jobs on a daily basis and I constantly flag new listings like, "ABC Company, a world renowned leader in Alpha Bravo Charley products", We are looking for (insert job here), and you search "ABC" and find the website with "Work with us" OR "Employment opportunities? Anyone can find, inquire and find a full time job as a regular freelancer in this. I am a free lancer so I would never engage in off site links, BUT why is someone allowed to post these jobs while no one is reviewing the Job post before it is made public? A desperate upwork freelancer may get hooked and stray off site and loose their membership? I see others like contact me on whats app, eight seven 2, three 1 five, two 5 one 7. Is no one looking at these before they are made public? if the pay is good, I will review every one of these. Some post an image file to show you what they expect, and when you load the file, it shows the company name, address, phone nuber and web site? That is cheating our rules and creating a temptation. Allowing these jobs to be seen by other freelancers is not good. Upwork shold remain solid and screen every listing before it is posted. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
sajal36
Community Member

I believe the process is being setup in very clear manner. In case anyone finds any job post violating upwork process than freelancer can flag the job and report the same to upwork.

Any freelancer who is freelancing on the platform is required to have a thorough understanding of the platform TOS. Any non compliance to Uwork TOS is definitely not expected and only freelancer will be responsible for the same.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Glenn,

In my opinion, the job posts should be automatically reviewed and deleted if links are placed into the posts from a client or at least manually reviewed once flagged by the computer. Agreed a new freelancer can click the link and potentially get banned for a job that should have never been allowed in the first place.

Along with many other here, I am a frequent participant in the Community Forum.

Not once have I seen an explanation for why Upwork doesn't do this.

There are some egregious problems for which fixes which SHOULD be easiliy automated.

Automatically flagging job posts with contact information so that an Upwork representative can quickly check them and delete them SHOULD be very doable without causing problems.

I would love to hear theories about why Upwork doesn't do this, or an explanation.

My guess is that it hasn't been a priority because It's only a few days of coding for a software engineer.

When I managed my 25,000 page website, I created all types of automatic checks that were either automatic deletes or went to manual review. In addition if certain words such as Telegram, Whatsapp, etc. are in the body of the post, they should be flagged for manuel review.

I agree with everyone it's a no brainer to fix.

I believe as a freelancer if person does not go through the TOS or not able to adhere to guidelines than whatever you do he may landup in the problem sooner or later. A very famous quote is there for the same "If you give a hungry man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime".

Because sells connections for money. More jobs - more connects wasted.

Because sells ads indicating the number of vacancies on the site. Fake jobposts + spam + scam + real = great quantity.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths