🐈
» Forums » Clients » Question about the billing methods
Page options
mejikyc
Community Member

Question about the billing methods

Hi everyone,

I'd like to hire a freelancer for the development of my website, but my funds are on a Payoneer debit card and I cannot top up my PayPal account because it's not feasible due to currency restrictions in Argentina.

1. Can I pay for the contract via a verified PayPal account using my linked Payoneer card?

2. Considering that I qualify for the bank payment ($1000 spent on UpWork and a verified Paypal account/credit card), will I be able to link my Wise account using the US address they provide and pay the contract via Wise? Or is it meant only for those who live in the US?

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already added Paypal and card detail as your billing method. You will need to contact Paypal directly to check if they will allow you to link Payoneer card. You will be able to use your bank account only if you live in the U.S. Check out this help page for more information on the available billing method.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mejikyc
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

PayPal allows linking and paying via my prepaid debit Payoneer card with no problem at all. However, will Upwork accept me paying via this card through PayPal? Thanks!

Hi Aleksandr,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that there should be no limitations on our end as long as your PayPal wallet can be successfully charged. Let us know if you experience any issues and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths