🐈
» Forums » Clients » Recurring Transaction I did not approve
Page options
a34889c8
Community Member

Recurring Transaction I did not approve

My bank account shows 2 separate withdrawls to Upwork of $206 (200$ + 6$ fee) to my escrow account. But on my financial statement on Upwork, it only shows one withdrawl and my Escrow balance is 200. 

Where did this other amount go to? How can it be refunded to my bank account? 

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
a34889c8
Community Member

I see in my transaction report the two payments, but I don't understand why the amount was withdrawn twice, or why my balance is only 200. Very confused. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stefan,

In regards to understanding the additional charge on your receipt, I can confirm it’s the standard 3% processing fee that is applied on all payments a client’s billing method is being charged for. You can find more information about the client payment processing fees in this Help article

You can check your Fixed-Price Job Offer Deposits and all the payments under your Transactions

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
a34889c8
Community Member

No sir, my issue is not with the fee assoiciated with the transaction, it is the transaction itself. I have via my bank account confirmed Upwork has withdrawn (via Paypal) $721. I made my only contract with a freelancer for a budget of 500. So my question remains, why is there an extra 200$ withdrawn, where is it, and how do I ensure it will be returned to me. 

I may have inadvertently initiated this transaction and would like to understand better my mistake. 

Thank you for your attention. 

Hello Stefan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths