🐈
» Forums » Clients » Request to abolish the exiting contract and g...
Page options
672a2c9f
Community Member

Request to abolish the exiting contract and get a full refund due to uncompleted work over 2months.

Hello,
I'm here to request a full refund and cancel the existing contract. I tolerated for over a month after the promised due date for them to complete. I requested the report of progress at least in simple form(bullet list). They ignored my request and they were barely communicating with our team and led the project slowly. 

I even hired a QA for myself in upwork to analyse all the bugs and roadmaps instead of them. Finally, we found 73 bugs. They are not still cooperative. 

I can show all the evidences when requested by Upwork team. The project has clearly been failed and as we are the one who runs with the platform being develped, we failed to keep promise with Korean clients. This is a serious issue for my team which seems it's not a big issue for my developer.

My developer is saying "In this case when we start the project, the refund policy won't work be applied for that contract anymore." and refusing for a refund and being uncooperative. What should we do in this case? I kidnly and urgely request some action according to this matter.

Please help. 

Many thanks,
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My freelancer (**Edited for Community Guidelines**). **Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can end a contract at any time. For any reason. You don't need to ask permission from anyone.

It appears that you asked for a refund, but the freelancer declined your request. Based on your description of events, I see no basis for receiving a refund under Upwork policies.

Refund thinking hurts clients. I advise you to put yourself and your project first, rather than focusing on one underperforming freelancer.

petra_r
Community Member

Is it a fixed rate or an hourly contract?

Your chances of a refund depend on that.

It appears to be a fixed rate contract. Is there currently any money in escrow and if not, when was the last milestone released to the freelancer?

You can dispute only if there is money currently in escrow or the last milestone has been released less than 30 days ago.

PradeepH

Hi Jaeho,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes please, please let him/her reach out to me

Hi Jaeho,

Thank you for your message. I see that our support team has already reached you via a support ticket here and confirmed that the refund is already processed. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to the ticket directly from your registered email address.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I still didn't check it. Can I have an email to **Edited for Community Guidelines** ?

Hi Jaeho,

Thank you for your message. We can communicate with you only via registered email address. Could you please check your registered email address for notification from Upwork? You can also access your support ticket here.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths