🐈
» Forums » Clients » Sharing Password
Page options
Lourdes O Community Member

Sharing Password

Hiii! 

Im interested in hiring a freelancer to send an email blast- to some of my clients. The only way will be sharing my email information. Has anyone (client) has experience doing that?

5 REPLIES 5
Melissa J C Community Member

You don't have to share your password. Some clients have shared their email through delegation which allows me only access to send emails or to certain emails they want me to see to keep their privacy. I don't think it's a good idea to provide your whole password, unless you have been working with that assistant for a while. Hope it helps 🙂

shahzaib h Community Member

Absolutely, your point is spot on. Delegating access with specific permissions is a much more secure approach than sharing the entire password. This way, you can control and limit what the freelancer can do within your email account, reducing the risk of potential misuse or unauthorized access.

Using delegation features or providing access with restricted permissions is a common practice in collaborative environments, and it helps strike a balance between getting the necessary assistance and maintaining the security and privacy of sensitive information.

Mykola A Community Member

Your choice. You can share anything you want for own risk. Upwork won't protect you if something will go wrong.

Some clients sharing with me full administrative access (not only email). It is required to complete job faster. Them read my reputation, trust and pay an 3x less at result because no delays issued. Some want to be safe and typing all passwords himself to hide it for me. I never forcing anyone to share access and respecting any choice. You just have to understand the risks and make an informed decision.

Jennifer M Community Member

Lourdes O wrote:

Hiii! 

Im interested in hiring a freelancer to send an email blast- to some of my clients. The only way will be sharing my email information. Has anyone (client) has experience doing that?

Look for someone who uses a vendor like MailChimp or some vendor that specializes in marketing blasts. Don't give any of these people your password, especially not an admin password.

William T C Community Member

Lourdes,

Never send emails blasts unless you want to risk getting your website banned from the search engines.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths