🐈
» Forums » Clients » Support Service
Page options
fc8b9608
Community Member

Support Service

This is the first time I hired a freelancer on Upwork . I have been lied by her. She wrote the first draft to me with a lot of errors. Not having documents filed by the deadline. I contacted her for one over and over. I hope she completed the job. But its very difficult to get her reply. When I asked her for a refund. She spread false comments about me . I think she has acted unethically. When I used other websites, this has never happened. Who will bear my loss?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fc8b9608
Community Member

I was tricked of my money and it’s rude of her to go spread hate about me. I made a complaint about her and she starts stating false information about me? You only refunded me $50 credit, this is not fair for a customer who lost their money on this website.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
prestonhunter
Community Member

How much money did you pay to the freelancer?

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience.

You should close this contract if you have not already done so.

Do not hire this freelancer again.

Planning for refunds hurts clients.

You usually can't get money back from freelancers after you pay them.

Save yourself trouble by planning to never again seek a refund. Instead, thoughtfully choose the freelancers you hire. If you don't like a freelancer's work, stop working with the freelancer immediately. Don't continue paying a freelancer whose work you don't like and then later ask for money back.

If a freelancer lies to you and isn't responsive to you and turns in work full of errors, just stop working with her. You don't need to continue to strive with a freelancer like that. It is a waste of your time. You are not the freelancer's coach or mentor. You don't owe the freelancer anything.

You certainly don't owe the freelancer more of your time and energy at this point.

Forget about that freelancer.  Put this incident behind you. Focus on your project.

The upwork should provide a platform for fair trade, not encourage such dishonest, unethical deceit. 

re: "The Upwork should provide a platform for fair trade, not encourage such dishonest, unethical deceit."

I agree completely.

I believe that is what Upwork strives to do.

Is there anything you can point to that suggests that Upwork does not provie a platform for fair trade? If you have an example or a complaint about this, then please specify.

Is there anything that Upwork has done that encourages "dishonest, unethical deceit?"

I am not aware of anything that Upwork does along those lines.

But then, I'm simply an Upwork user who has completed hundreds of jobs as a freelancer and who has hired over 150 freelancers as a client. My experience is not the same as yours. Maybe you can share something here based on your experience that would help Upwork improve, or help its users know what to watch out for.

andersonle
Community Member

What JSS score does she have?
JoanneP

Hi Grace,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I can see that our team is already assisting you directly via a support ticket. Please check the information they shared with you. You can access your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc8b9608
Community Member

I was tricked of my money and it’s rude of her to go spread hate about me. I made a complaint about her and she starts stating false information about me? You only refunded me $50 credit, this is not fair for a customer who lost their money on this website.

Hi,

According to your investigation, the freelance **edited for Community Guidelines** violated the Upwork terms and co dictions by asking the clients to directly send the money to them rather than transfer money through upwork. A few days ago,  I left a message on her the upwork platform , I told her I required she finish her job and apologize to me.

After a while, I received a reply from her.

“You can no longer message this user.

Rahma unblocked you. You can no longer message this user.” ( Upwork platform message) According to your “

Last year, I made a complaint to the upwork customer service. After that , she was very rude and she spread false comments about me on the internet. She said **edited for Community Guidelines**

She is absolutely the worst writer. She misused my time and money. When she realized that she ended up with poor results, she did not take any responsibility.  I was filing with the Law Society as she was completely incompetent and slander others. 

I felt so frustrated. The Upwork service ultimately saved the day by giving me 50 credit for her trouble. She got a warning to improve her actions. But despite the fact she violated the membership rules, she can continues to use this platform without any impact.She doesn’t use the platform for her transactions but rather uses it to attract clients and avoids the platform fees by using a third party.

Did she returned the fee to Upwork? If she pays the fee, the customer service should ask her for a refund or complete the work.

Full of lies and unethical .She was worst freelance on your platform , I think someone posts fake good reviews for her. I am very disappointed with your service. Don't sacrifice the interests of other clients and encourage violators.

re: "The Upwork service ultimately saved the day by giving me 50 credit for her trouble.... this is not fair for a customer who lost their money on this website."

How much money did you actually lose?

petra_r
Community Member

This was all 10 months ago.

Time to let it go I think.

Hi, 

I found out she was still a member and I messaged her to complete my case. She doesn't reply and blocks me. Does upwork encourage this kind of cheating behavior on the upwork platform? This member has not been terminated from membership, and she has not suffered any negative consequences. The Upwork helped her compensate the victim with a 50 gift card. If I continue to use this platform, will I continue to be deceived without a satisfactory solution? She's a member, she's should do all the work, or I should get a refund. She should be finishing my job as promised. It's clear that she barely received any penalties for these actions. Thanks!

It's very shocking that a freelancer gets away with it after making such a mess around him.

As far as I know, you, Grace, as a client, can always contact the customer service department to make sure that they take the right action against this freelancer who is staining the reputation of all of us, professionals.

Good luck to you!

re: "...I messaged her to complete my case. She doesn't reply and blocks me... She's a member [freelancer]. She should do all the work... She should be finishing my job as promised."

Grace,

If I understand your posts correctly...

It sounds like you hired a freelancer to do some work for you.

And now that freelancer no longer wants to work on this project.

But you would like Upwork to make sure she finishes the project.

Is that correct?

I ‘m not sure why there are so many good reviews about her, with no critiques. I hope she fixes mistakes. She will never admit to her mistakes even when the evidence is overwhelmingly against her. Her behavior towards clients is down right abusive and not only dishonest. After I point out her mistakes to the Upwork, not long ago ,I found that she even posting fake and defamatory review on Google about me. If she admit to her mistakes and correct mistakes, I won’t make a complaint with the Upwork. It was when she blocked me when I realized that she was still on this platform. Has the freelancer paid back the transaction fee for this case? Was all she got a small warning?

re: "I‘m not sure why there are so many good reviews about her, with no critiques. I hope she fixes mistakes. She will never admit to her mistakes even when the evidence is overwhelmingly against her. Her behavior towards clients is down right abusive and not only dishonest. After I point out her mistakes to the Upwork, not long ago ,I found that she even posting fake and defamatory review on Google about me. If she admit to her mistakes and correct mistakes, I won’t make a complaint with the Upwork. It was when she blocked me when I realized that she was still on this platform. Has the freelancer paid back the transaction fee for this case? Was all she got a small warning?"

You are putting the needs of this freelancer ahead of the needs of yourself and your project.

I advise you to not do this.

You don't owe this freelancer anything. She is just a stranger from the Internet.

Put yourself and your project first.

You are talking about a freelancer who worked for you nearly a year ago, and with whom you have not any further dealings with in all that time. By continuing to think about that freelancer, you are only hurting yourself.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths