🐈
» Forums » Clients » TDS Return filling quarterly or annually?
Page options
bhushan-khanna
Community Member

TDS Return filling quarterly or annually?

I want to know. when do Upwork file TDS return for ecommerce operator. Is it quarterly or annually ?

Actually Upwork deduct TDS under 194O @1% on the payment credited to freelancers account.

This 1% is calculated on Dollar value of payment and then converted into INR. So, it makes very difficult to book this 1% TDS in records of Indian freelancers as a TDS receivable.

The only way as per my understanding is to freqeuently check the Form 26AS and book this TDS quarterly.

Please suggest any solution for this.

Thanks & Regards

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bella,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'd like to know about this as well.... There are no conversion rates mentioned for us to book the 1% TDS for the invoice.

Most of use withdraws amount once or twice a month when its a bigger amount (to avoid frequent withdrawal fee from upwork). Now when we do that we have like 2-3 projects payment or atleast 4-5 weekly sheets payment collected in our upwork wallet. now when we book that we don't know the conversion amount for use to generate invoice and book 1% TDS.. can this be simplified

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths