cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What category should I be looking in to find someone to provide business/technical consultation

Tom C Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 5

I need consultation to formulate general web strategy, covering technical areas and also promotion of site. What's best category to search for someone to help vet some of our ideas to expand our site as well as anlalyze present site's effectiveness? We need analysis and advice from someonewith a grasp of all phases. "Web and ecommerce development expert" could describe what I'm looking for but might be too in the box.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

Those are extremely different skill sets. You should hire 2 people.

Find a good developer and someone separate for the analysis and promotion. 

A good litmus test for the analyst would be to ask them what is the google sandbox. It's a trick question. There is no google sandbox but the terrible "analysts" who can't rank a site will tell you that there is one to excuse their terrible service. 

Tom C Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 5

Thanks for reply. I guess there's a market research aspect to it as well as site building and SEO/SEM/SMM. So three skill sets butthey are interdependent when trying to formulate a plan for developing a site. Hopefully I'll be able to find two or three people with those skill sets who each have a decent grasp of what all the skill sets are about.

A bottle of litmus paper in my pocket might have kept me from getting burned a few times in the past. : )

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

Awesome. Yeah, I am a believer in keeping these things separate so you're getting the best in the field versus a guy who is mediocre in all two or three.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Tom,

I think you'll get the best results if you hire at least 3 or 4 people to consult with you for a short time... Maybe even 30 minutes via Skype or phone... This could give you a sense to gauge the quality of the contractors, and also whether or not their communication styles will mesh well with yours.

You could include in the conversion a request for a general estimate about how much it would cost to put the whole thing together.

Then you can continue working with any of the consultants even more, if you want to.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS