🐈
» Forums » Clients » Work not completed per contract
Page options
6db0ce56
Community Member

Work not completed per contract

I hired an artist last week (3/9) to complete a very simple graphic design job with a 48 hour deadline.  The job post stated that this deadline was very important, yet I haven't recieved anything from the artist. 

Yesterday, 96 hours after the freelancer accepted the job, he emailed me to say they were having "technical difficulties" and he would have me something in 8 to 12 hours.... Fine - I left things sit until this morning, hoping I'd log in to a completed project.  Unfortionately, that isn't the case.  Still no additional communication from the artist.

I want to cancel the contract, but I'd like to make sure that I can leave feedback for this freelancer so other Clients on Upwork don't run into the same ridiculous problem.  I'm very unhappy that they would take something with such a specific deadline and just toss it aside.  

Is it possible for me to "Fire" the artist and still leave feedback?  When I press the "Leave Feedback" button, it tells me:  The milestone "Award Badge Design" is still in progress with $35.00 funded in escrow. Do you want to end your contract now and leave feedback?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

If you cancel the contract and get your funds back from Escrow, you can only leave private feedback, not public feedback.

That private feedback will, however factor heavily into the freelancer's job success score.

To be able to leave feedback at least $ 1 will have to be paid.

6db0ce56
Community Member

How do I accomplish this with my $ in Escrow? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Brandon N wrote:

How do I accomplish this with my $ in Escrow? 

Click on the pay button and edit the amount. Then continue, ending the contract and leaving feedback. Be aware that the freelancer will probably refund to get rid of the (visible) feedback though.

However, the effect on the freelancer's JSS will likely be significant, so that may help to warn others.

6db0ce56
Community Member

Thanks for the assistance, Petra!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths