🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Cat furniture :)
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Cat furniture :)

I recently had a new kitchen put in.

On one wall of the room used to be a small sofa which nobody other than the cats used, because it was low and small and uncomfortable (and anyone other than a cat would be instantly covered in cat hair) so I decided it had to go (it was ugly as well as not practical or ever used)

So instead I put in an Ikea shelf unit on its side, filled it with baskets I had from the old kitchen and bought these faux fur cat-boxes which fit the spaces exactly and have washable fluffy cushions in them.

Cat feeding has moved off of the floor on top.

They love it 🙂

3.jpg27718305_10210453431716986_1943339969_n.jpg

Baby and LyncaBaby and Lynca

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
klavina
Community Member

I got the same box this week and set up a mini version of this in my bedroom, both cats love it 🙂

IMG_4962.JPG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
yitwail
Community Member

Cat cubicles, cool concept. Cat Wink

I got the same box this week and set up a mini version of this in my bedroom, both cats love it 🙂

IMG_4962.JPG

petra_r
Community Member

@Gunta K wrote:

And I thought I was sooo inventive / different LOL ! I even have the same flowerpot.... 😄

The boxes work really well though and I'm thrilled to bits with it 🙂

reinierb
Community Member

This is really cool, since you have a good chance of always finding your cats in their cubicles. In my house there are so many hidey-holes that I sometimes never see my cats between breakfast and dinner.  

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Have they each claimed a specific cubicle as their own or do they move around and share?

@Phyllis G wrote:

Have they each claimed a specific cubicle as their own or do they move around and share?

I was wondering whether they'd each pick a favourite but they seem to be quite happy to sometimes sleep in one, then in another.

reinierb
Community Member

@Petra R wrote:

@Phyllis G wrote:

I was wondering whether they'd each pick a favourite but they seem to be quite happy to sometimes sleep in one, then in another.

Cats own everything they see,so to them, it makes no difference which cubicle they are in at any given moment. The only thing they really care about is that all their lairs/cubicles/sleeping spots are equally comfortable at all times.  

The well-used cat pad. Grey, the one on the right, is our resident gentleman cat of 12 years. Being carried around on a shoulder is apparently his due. The one on the left is Shadow - a very appropriate name (11 years) because she is shady as Ffff.....you know what I mean. Lilly was snoozing on my bed when this photo was taken. She is a few weeks younger than grey and was a rescue - you have NO idea what people can do to animals!!! I still need to write a book on Lilly's young life and what I went through to get her to trust me. These days Lilly sleeps at my feet, has the loveliest personality, and adores people - strange considering what 'people' did to her!

The Cat PadThe Cat Pad

Winning a cat's trust, and especially the trust of a cat that had been abused is without a doubt one of the greatest achievements a human can ever accomplish. 

To those who don't believe me I can only say this; go out and try it.  

Although I had managed to gain Lilly's trust, she was shy of people for years! THEN, three years later, I got Killer, the rescue Yorkie. He decided she was his mother.  He gave her no choice. She gave in with grace and looked after him as though he was her own. The rest, as they say, is history, and their bond is still true. So btw...anyone ever see a cat trying to teach a dog how to climb a tree? No? Well, Lilly tried. To this day killer can climb into the lower part of a bush...a tree...not so much. Besides, he is now an 'older' gentleman himself. No time for trying to climb trees and such shenanigans!

One of our kitty tribe we've raised since he was a tiny Tuxedo furball.

While he adores my husband, it's taken 4 years for him (his name is Schrodinger, but sometimes we call him Erwin) to allow me anywhere near him, and that's only permissible when he's curled up happily on our couch. 

Meanwhile, the "black dragon" will claim ownership of my lap anytime I'm sitting in my recliner (we've also raised him from kittenhood). 

I love cats, yet they are odd little Tribbles.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths