🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Coffee Break Confessions: The Struggle of Tal...
Page options
mahrukh001
Community Member

Coffee Break Confessions: The Struggle of Talking to Our Houseplants Like They're Our Coworkers

Hey fellow freelancers! Let's take a hilarious detour from our work hustle and share our guilty pleasure: treating our houseplants like colleagues during coffee breaks. :seedling::hot_beverage:️ Do you catch yourself giving pep talks to your fern or discussing project deadlines with your succulents? Join us for a laugh-filled chat where we spill the beans (pun intended) on our quirky habit of turning foliage into faux coworkers. From watering schedules becoming team meetings to brainstorming sessions with your focus, let's embrace the absurdity of our green-thumb gossip. Whether you're a seasoned plant parent or just dipping your toes into the world of office shrubbery, come share your most absurd conversations and bond over the hilarity of botanic banter. Grab your cup of joe, settle in, and let's leave the stress behind for a moment of pure plant-powered comedy! :herb:😄

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
saimaansari
Community Member

Yo, why you gotta extend the agony with those last-minute questions, making this meeting drag on for another ten? 😆

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
saimaansari
Community Member

:herb::hot_beverage:️ Love this! Count me in for the hilariously absurd conversations with my office foliage! 😂 Let's share some plant-powered comedy and leave the work stress behind for a moment! :seedling:

bf97c28c
Community Member

Hi, Mahrukh. It's an interesting, fresh topic. 

It was the first time I tried to talk to a plant. Now my cat is chewing on it, probably jealous.

Haha! It sounds like you had quite the experience with your plant and cat. Sometimes, our pets can surprise us with their antics. Hopefully, your plant survives the encounter unscathed. Do you often have interesting interactions like this with your pets?

I usually look at their behaviour. But it's hard to keep quiet when they do something amazing. What about you, have you ever raised a pet or a plant from a pea? 

saimaansari
Community Member

Yo, why you gotta extend the agony with those last-minute questions, making this meeting drag on for another ten? 😆

hahahaha Not me

mahrukh001
Community Member

Everyone making jokes about how 2024 is gona keep getting worse and then continually does. 👺

ansarirabia
Community Member

Don't you think it's weired how Ali got out at noon everyday and eats lunch at his desk later 😂

hahaha

Funny

LOL.

atlinguist
Community Member

My plants don't snore the way my cats do, so they are always welcome, except during Zoom meetings when I have to blur them or opt for a different background to avoid people drifting off into the foliage (which is behind me). But the rosemary needs a pep talk every day until the weather gets warmer. I say, "Soon, my little princess, you'll be able to go back outside, so please, for G* sake, hold onto those needles!"

It sounds pretty good🤗

4e147fd2
Community Member

I love plants and I find they topic very fun

Thanks.

ainerasheed
Community Member

ainerasheed_0-1707869298574.png

edesk
Community Member

Alright folks, gather 'round! New rule alert: I'm not chatting up with the houseplants, okay? They can't join our team meetings, sorry.

mahrukh001
Community Member

Wow guys thanks for showing enthusiasm in the topic.

mahrukh001
Community Member

mahrukh001_1-1707887541979.png

I've got just 20 more things left on my to-do list, and it's due in 5 minutes. 🤣

Well, you have time to correct your list. But What is better cut the things or stretch the time?

I adjust it with time and my next morning shift from lazy start to active start of the day 🙂

saimaansari_2-1707955253519.png

Happens daily lolz

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

PEP TALKS 

YES. Before, I would say it out loud and then realized I must sound crazy 😆, so I now just talk to them quietly in my head, hoping telepathy works. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bf97c28c
Community Member

Great, I'm sure it works 🤗

😎Yeah it works 

saimaansari
Community Member

saimaansari_1-1707954665156.png

Nice place😊

ansarirabia
Community Member

Talking to my Peace Lily here, it's like talking to a friend.

Been putting in the work, but hey, still got a ways to go, both in life and career.

Time to get back to it.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths